Windows 10: Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove

Discus and support Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I changed the Bluetooth adapter on a computer recently, and some old devices showed up in Settings - Devices - Bluetooth and other devices. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulrp, Aug 21, 2020.

1. paulrp Win User

Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove

I changed the Bluetooth adapter on a computer recently, and some old devices showed up in Settings - Devices - Bluetooth and other devices. They refuse to go away using remove device. I would really like to never see these non existent devices.

:)

paulrp, Aug 21, 2020

2. Bluetooth device migration.

Hi FredOlson1,

Sounds like a Bluetooth driver conflict to me. Did you make any changes on your laptop prior to the issue? What is the build and version of your Windows 10? In the meantime, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1: Lets remove the Megacra sound bar from your Bluetooth device list.

1. Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth & other devices.
    2. Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Restart your laptop.

Step 2: Download and install the latest Bluetooth driver directly from Dell support website.

Step 3: Pair again your Bluetooth device to your laptop. Kindly check for the device manual for the instructions.

You may also want to check this article for the list of troubleshooting steps to fix Bluetooth connection issues.

Kindly update us with the results.

Gemzon Mar, Aug 21, 2020
  3. ITGM Win User
    How to completely remove a Bluetooth device from Win 10?

Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove [​IMG]

4. KeithM Win User

How to completely remove a Bluetooth device from Win 10?

Hmmm...Mine looks like this:
    Code:
    If you:
    1. open Device Manager
    2. Show Hidden Devices
    3. Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers
    4. Select USB Host Controller
    5. Switch view to Show Devices by Connection
    6. Expand and capture a screenshot.

Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove [​IMG]

KeithM, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove - Similar Threads - Phantom Bluetooth device

2. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth removed Device: I had accidently removed my mouse Rival 3 Wireless from Bluetooth, and I cant seem to get it back it wont appear on the Bluetooth add-ons and it does have enough batteries but I dont know what's wrong with it. If anyone can help me that would be great, right now I have my...
  3. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth removed Device: I had accidently removed my mouse Rival 3 Wireless from Bluetooth, and I cant seem to get it back it wont appear on the Bluetooth add-ons and it does have enough batteries but I dont know what's wrong with it. If anyone can help me that would be great, right now I have my...
  4. Bluetooth removed Device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth will not reconnect to removed devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth will not reconnect to removed devices: I have a Logitech Bluetooth Mouse and Microsoft Surface BT keyboard. I have them set up on my Dell with no issues. Recently I needed to connect them to a different PC a surface. So I removed them from the devices screen and connected to the surface - no issues. I have now...
  6. Retrieving a removed bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Retrieving a removed bluetooth device: I accidentally removed my bluetooth speakers from the device list and I can't connect to the speakers anymore, how can I fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-a-removed-bluetooth-device/d28663e5-c994-41e4-b817-020c75087d10
  7. Unable to remove a phantom monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to remove a phantom monitor: I've added a 4th monitor to my setup. However, windows is seeing a total of 5 monitors. Not even possible , my card that can only handle 4. Of course, my problem is windows is putting items on this non-existing monitor. By playing with my display settings I was able to...
  8. remove bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove bluetooth devices: I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an easy way to control...
  9. Phantom device on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Phantom device on my network: [img] This Sky QBox seems to be a permanent device on my network, yet it has no IP Address. I've compared the MAC address with devices listed in router and it's not listed. I have rebooted the router and it's still there I have no Sky devices in the house, nor do I have...
  10. Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account: Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both]. However, when I sign into my account,...