Windows 10: Phantom device on my network

Discus and support Phantom device on my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] This Sky QBox seems to be a permanent device on my network, yet it has no IP Address. I've compared the MAC address with devices listed in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnD, Feb 12, 2019.

1. JohnD Win User

Phantom device on my network

Phantom device on my network [​IMG]

This Sky QBox seems to be a permanent device on my network, yet it has no IP Address.

I've compared the MAC address with devices listed in router and it's not listed.

I have rebooted the router and it's still there

I have no Sky devices in the house, nor do I have Sky Broadband, and I'm not a Sky customer, nor ever have been.

Any ideas?

:)

JohnD, Feb 12, 2019
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Feb 12, 2019
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

4. fireberd Win User

Phantom USB Drive

Both my Win 10 Pro (production system) and Win 10 Pro Preview versions*list a USB drive (each install is on a separate SSD). There is no USB drive connected and the status code, from what I find, says it is a*"NET" device. I don't have any network connected USB devices. If I uninstall it, in the Device Manger, it will come back either on a reboot or just scan for new hardware.

I posted this before, not on this forum, and never got anything resolved. I had this listed with an old motherboard. I recently upgraded my system to new hardware but the USB device is still listed.

Here are some screenshots from the Device Manger of the Preview system. *My production system shows the same thing.

fireberd, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Phantom device on my network - Similar Threads - Phantom device network

2. Phantom USB device keeps loading and unloading+

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom USB device keeps loading and unloading+: In windows 10 Home 64bit, I keep getting the message "USB Drive Not Recognized" then "USB Device not installed" back and forth- every 30 seconds or so, sometimes quicker.. i dont have anything plugged in except a usb keyboard and mouse. I have rebooted several times....
  3. Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove

Phantom Bluetooth device will not remove: I changed the Bluetooth adapter on a computer recently, and some old devices showed up in Settings - Devices - Bluetooth and other devices. They refuse to go away using remove device. I would really like to never see these non existent devices....
  4. Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom devices under Family } Apps & Game Limits: Under my Family Safety tab of Microsoft account, if I go to Apps & Game Limits subtab it shows a list of devices these limits will apply to. My child should have access to 4 devices and they are on there listed correctly. However, there are two additional device icons for a...
  5. phantom networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phantom networks: I have been getting phantom networks appearing such as douglas and another named full_biscuit what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phantom-networks/b3845944-ef49-4176-9e39-0457ea3175fc
  6. Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Issue removing the phantom device from Microsoft Account: Hi all, Looking for advice on a device that has been cleared, sold, and removed from my Microsoft family account (and my daughters Microsoft account) [confirmed this by signing into my account and my daughters to remove it from both]. However, when I sign into my account,...
  7. Phantom images on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom images on my screen: What is a .ini file which appears on my screen as a kind of phantom image? And, while I'm about it: there's a phantom looking image which has a $ sign at the start of the description - what is it and how can I get rid of both sets of images?...
  8. phantom homegroup

phantom homegroup: the last time I upgraded to 1703 on my desktop I had an issue with homegroups. It said I could join a homegroup that was created by myself on my desktop. I reverted to 1607. So MS sort of forced the issue months later - like last night - and I let it update. Same problem....
  9. Phantom hardware

Phantom hardware: I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing. [img] I would like to know where this hardware is? 2758
  10. Phantom router on network

Phantom router on network: Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is. Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phantom device name present in File explorer network folder

2. windows phantom device

3. phantom device in file-explorer network