Windows 10: Phantom error Message

Discus and support Phantom error Message in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; About three days ago I plugged my S21+ Samsung into a USB port to charge while I was working on my laptop. No I am continually getting error messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatrickDowney3, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Phantom error Message

About three days ago I plugged my S21+ Samsung into a USB port to charge while I was working on my laptop. No I am continually getting error messages and I can't find where to clear something that will make it go away. I appreciate any help someone may have.

:)

PatrickDowney3, Jan 20, 2022

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Helmut Win User

Phantom error Message

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Phantom error Message

1. Phantom error Message - Similar Threads - Phantom error Message

2. Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.: Windows 10 x64 pro and Phone Link app are up to date. Phone link is added a extra phone number when texting to users.If I send a text from phone galazy z fold 4 it goes out normally.Responses, etc.. all normal from phone.If I respond to that text via Phone Link , sometimes a...
  3. Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link adding Phantom Phone number in Messages.: Windows 10 x64 pro and Phone Link app are up to date. Phone link is added a extra phone number when texting to users.If I send a text from phone galazy z fold 4 it goes out normally.Responses, etc.. all normal from phone.If I respond to that text via Phone Link , sometimes a...
  4. Phantom error Message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom error Message: About three days ago I plugged my S21+ Samsung into a USB port to charge while I was working on my laptop. No I am continually getting error messages and I can't find where to clear something that will make it go away. I appreciate any help someone may have....
  5. Phantom unread message in windows mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phantom unread message in windows mail: Go to "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\" Then backup et delete hxdxxxxx.xxx files. That's work for me...
  6. Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error on Startup with Phantom User Account: Hi Community, I am looking for an answer to my interesting issue. Whenever I startup my desktop PC, there is a profile that the system tries to log into. It fails (as it was my fathers older computer) and he has since changed his passwords and such). We removed his...
  7. Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates Phantom Unread Message: I am having a problem with Windows 10 Mail in which the icon in my task bar, and the icon in the start menu, indicates that there is one (1) unread message available. However, all messages have been retrieved and read. I had this problem before, quite some time ago, and...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Indicates a Phantom Unread Message: I'm using the simple Windows 10 mail app. Under "Accounts" I have an IMAP mail account and it has no indicator (no number) next to the account name indicating number of unread mails. That makes sense because I have no unread mail in that account. It's a gmail based account,...
  9. phantom homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phantom homegroup: the last time I upgraded to 1703 on my desktop I had an issue with homegroups. It said I could join a homegroup that was created by myself on my desktop. I reverted to 1607. So MS sort of forced the issue months later - like last night - and I let it update. Same problem....
  10. Phantom hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom hardware: I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing. [img] I would like to know where this hardware is? 2758