Windows 10: phantom (ghost)" touch

Discus and support phantom (ghost)" touch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; phantom (ghost)" touch input on the left side of my Aspire R14 R5-471T laptop screen. This input disrupt running applications and interfere with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tallanganji, Mar 4, 2019.

1. phantom (ghost)" touch

phantom (ghost)" touch input on the left side of my Aspire R14 R5-471T laptop screen. This input disrupt running applications and interfere with ability to use the device. Tried most online fix to no avail. Plse help

:)

tallanganji, Mar 4, 2019
  2. HarryTF Win User

Phantom touches on touchscreen.

Hi,

My girlfriend purchased an HP Spectre 13- 4116DX (360) running Windows 10. She has the phantom (ghost) touching of the touchscreen. See here for video examples and description: HP
    Support Forums showing phantom touch issue
    . The most often instance when this happens is when you take it out of sleep mode. She primarily uses it as a touch screen like a tablet and it is in tablet mode. It is very frustrating issue for her to switch
    out of tablet mode and try to use the keyboard to make the ghost touch go away. Most often she has to reboot. Do we have any idea if this issue has been fixed with the insider builds as I would like to have her upgrade to the insider builds if it has.

Disabling Fast boot seems like it may be a solution, so I have tried that and will see as well as not allowing the laptop go into sleep mode, but into Hibernation.

I have not seen this issue with my daughter's HP 360 Envy 15 and it basically is similar though it is an AMD processor and a bit bigger.

Thanks for any input and insight.

HarryTF, Mar 4, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Phantom Touch Issue

Hello John,

It is possible that a recent software change may have caused this phantom touch in your device, we suggest that you check the update history of your device to see if a recent installed update have caused the issue. Here's how to get to the update history
    of Windows 10:

• Click the Start button, then go to Settings
      > Update & security > Windows Update, then click
      Update History.

David Haz, Mar 4, 2019
  4. razam Win User

phantom (ghost)" touch

Phantom/Ghost icons on the taskbar

Hello everybody,

I am having an issue with Mozilla Thunderbird. During installation on Windows 10, I chose to pin it to the taskbar.

Today, I tried to unpin Thunderbird from the taskbar; unfortunately this resulted in a phantom/ghost icon. I can move its position on the taskbar in the same way as other icons. I can right-click on it, which brings up the same Thunderbird context menu as before. However, a left-click does not start Thunderbird (or do anything).

After this, I repinned Thunderbird to the taskbar but that did not help. At this point I had two icons for Thunderbird: a phantom/ghost and one that worked as it should.

Now, I try to unpin the working Thunderbird icon. The result is two phantom/ghost icons for Thunderbird.

I have no idea what is going on. Please help. Thank you!

Kind regards,
    Mark

PS: If you could direct me to a built-in GUI taskbar manager of some kind that would be awesome!

razam, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

phantom (ghost)" touch

1. phantom (ghost)" touch - Similar Threads - phantom ghost touch

2. Ghost touch problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ghost touch problem: after updating windows 11 my laptop is affected by ghost touching. i tried to reset it to windows 10 but it gets worst. any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghost-touch-problem/717baaf4-b4a4-4d73-b97f-079970b9476c
  3. Ghost touch problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost touch problem: after updating windows 11 my laptop is affected by ghost touching. i tried to reset it to windows 10 but it gets worst. any suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ghost-touch-problem/717baaf4-b4a4-4d73-b97f-079970b9476c
  4. Ghost touch problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ghost Touch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Touch: My touch screen is glitching in a ghost touch way. The cursor moves around frantically, programs close down randomly and the screen moves up and down.When I disable the HID Compliant touch screen the problem fixes itself. But after enabling and restarting the problem...
  6. Ghost Touch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ghost Touch: My touch screen is glitching in a ghost touch way. The cursor moves around frantically, programs close down randomly and the screen moves up and down.When I disable the HID Compliant touch screen the problem fixes itself. But after enabling and restarting the problem...
  7. Ghost Touch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Phantom touches on ASUS VivoBook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom touches on ASUS VivoBook: I'm having an issue with phantom touches over the past few months. Sometimes it is so bad all I can do is touch and hold the manual start button and turn if off cold. This is not only an inconvenience, but it disrupts my workflow and threatens to destroy some of my work. I...
  9. phantom touches on touchscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    phantom touches on touchscreen: My laptop is having multiple phantom screen touches and browsers are shutting down suddenly. Both Chrome and Firefox have shut off suddenly over the last several days. Any idea what is causing this? A fix?...
  10. Phantom/Ghost icons on the taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Phantom/Ghost icons on the taskbar: Hello everybody, I am having an issue with Mozilla Thunderbird. During installation on Windows 10, I chose to pin it to the taskbar. Today, I tried to unpin Thunderbird from the taskbar; unfortunately this resulted in a phantom/ghost icon. I can move its position on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer r5-471t ghost touches

2. windows 10 phantom touch

3. phantom (ghost) touch input on Acer laptop