Windows 10: Phantom Hard Drive

Discus and support Phantom Hard Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just noticed that a new drive appeared on my Desktop and I don't know what it is. In the file explorer it's displayed as SYSTEM (H:). When I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MikeA01730, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Phantom Hard Drive

Hi,

I just noticed that a new drive appeared on my Desktop and I don't know what it is. In the file explorer it's displayed as SYSTEM (HPhantom Hard Drive :). When I try to view it I'm told I don't have permission to do that, and when I click on Continue to gain access I'm again told I don't have permission, but I should click on the Security tab. When I look at the properties I see that it's a local disk, FAT32, 76.2 MB used, 279 MB free, and 356 MB total size. When I look at Windows Disk Management there's no H: drive and nothing using FAT32.

Should I care about this? Should I try to get rid of it? I have Macrium Reflect installed and can restore the whole drive back probably a month in 1 day steps if I want to, but haven't tried that yet. Since Macrium doesn't see H: I'm not sure what the effect might be.

My Windows 10 Pro version 1803 says it was installed on 5/24/2018. I was just shown a message that my PC is about to be "improved" (boy am I excited!) by a major update, if that has anything to do with this. My PC is an HP EliteDesk 800 G3 TWR product number Y1B39AV.

Thanks,
    Mike

:)

MikeA01730, Jul 5, 2018

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 5, 2018
  3. little cat, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Mathragh Win User

Phantom Hard Drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Phantom Hard Drive

1. Phantom Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Phantom Hard Drive

2. Phantom CD drive stays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom CD drive stays: I have a phantom CD drive that shows up on my explorer drive list NO MATTER WHAT I have done! I edited the registry. I have used a command prompt "drivecleanup.exe" utility, and a few other items. Windows storage management does not show it, nor does a Belarc Advisor scan,...
  3. Phantom CD drive stays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom CD drive stays: I have a phantom CD drive that shows up on my explorer drive list NO MATTER WHAT I have done! I edited the registry. I have used a command prompt "drivecleanup.exe" utility, and a few other items. Windows storage management does not show it, nor does a Belarc Advisor scan,...
  4. phantom drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phantom drive: Win10 20H2 build .867. I just rebuilt my computer and changed from MBR 2 GPT. Mostly it is working, except for strange things. In File Explorer I see 3 drives C:\System, E:\,. I cannot access E:. In Disk Management there is no Drive E:. The GPT boot disk shows 2...
  5. Phantom Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom Drive Letters: Ive read all the forum posts and tried using all the various diskpart methods but nothing works. I now have 6 phantom hard drives visible in File Explorer and I am out of drive letters to assign to new drives. They show up in File Explorer as Local Disks, assigned Drive...
  6. Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom hard drive after SSD replacement: Before physically removing the hard drive from my laptop, I cloned it to a new SSD drive using Macrium Reflect and installed the SSD drive in the laptop. When I check my drives using Disk Management or AOMEI Partition Assistant, Disk 0 using Disk Management or Disk 1 using...
  7. phantom F drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    phantom F drive: Will Microsoft Windows 10 delete the phantom F drive with an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/phantom-f-drive/db0a2586-ea7d-4f02-ac56-2f491037ebe0
  8. Phantom USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom USB Drive: Both my Win 10 Pro (production system) and Win 10 Pro Preview versions*list a USB drive (each install is on a separate SSD). There is no USB drive connected and the status code, from what I find, says it is a*"NET" device. I don't have any network connected USB devices. If I...
  9. Phantom Drives?

Phantom Drives?: How can I get rid of these "phantom drives"? 18469
  10. Phantom Drives on clean install

Phantom Drives on clean install: I've been working on a Win10 clean install for a few weeks and this has been a huge uphill battle. Every day I seem to encounter some very weird issue and it takes me days/weeks to resolve. Tonight I just encountered several phantom drives. In the following image the drives...