Windows 10: Phantom images on my screen

Discus and support Phantom images on my screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; What is a .ini file which appears on my screen as a kind of phantom image? And, while I'm about it: there's a phantom looking image which has a $ sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterHoldway, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Phantom images on my screen

What is a .ini file which appears on my screen as a kind of phantom image? And, while I'm about it: there's a phantom looking image which has a $ sign at the start of the description - what is it and how can I get rid of both sets of images?

:)

PeterHoldway, Jul 5, 2018

2. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

• Connect the Seagate exp drive

• File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

• Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

• Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

• File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

• Press the Type column to sort by Type

• Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Jul 5, 2018
  3. Helmut Win User
    Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Phantom images on my screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

Phantom images on my screen

1. Phantom images on my screen - Similar Threads - Phantom images screen

2. Phantom Attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phantom Attachments: Whenever I reply to an e-mail from someone using Windows 10 mail it sends along attachments that they can't open. I never intended to attach anything to my reply. I searched on Bing for this problem. I think they're called "phantom attachments". I'm not sure. Does...
  3. Desktop is overlayed with background from phantom screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop is overlayed with background from phantom screen: Hi, My setup is a Lenovo laptop with the latest drivers. I have specifically and multiple times verified the bios, the display, and monitor drivers. My configuration is has multiple monitors. Under some set of circumstances that I haven't been able to nail down, when I...
  4. phantom networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phantom networks: I have been getting phantom networks appearing such as douglas and another named full_biscuit what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phantom-networks/b3845944-ef49-4176-9e39-0457ea3175fc
  5. Phantom device on my network

Phantom device on my network: [img] This Sky QBox seems to be a permanent device on my network, yet it has no IP Address. I've compared the MAC address with devices listed in router and it's not listed. I have rebooted the router and it's still there I have no Sky devices in the house, nor do I have...
  6. Phantom mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom mouse: Recently the mouse pad has a phantom mouse that prevents me from working...is there a permanent fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phantom-mouse/27970ddf-5b06-4983-a336-6868bafc925d
  7. Phantom Log?

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom Log?: When I save a .log file on the desktop it doesn't show up there. I do a search from Windows Explorer and find the log. The properties indicate it is, in fact, in the desktop folder, however there is no sign of it in that folder, or on the Desktop itself. The only way to find...
  8. phantom homegroup

phantom homegroup: the last time I upgraded to 1703 on my desktop I had an issue with homegroups. It said I could join a homegroup that was created by myself on my desktop. I reverted to 1607. So MS sort of forced the issue months later - like last night - and I let it update. Same problem....
  9. Phantom hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom hardware: I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing. [img] I would like to know where this hardware is? 2758
  10. Phantom Drives?

Phantom Drives?: How can I get rid of these "phantom drives"? 18469