Windows 10: Phantom keyboard inputs and general screwiness

Discus and support Phantom keyboard inputs and general screwiness in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For months I've been having some issues with my setup. It started with my media players behaving as if the pause/play button were constantly held down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BillMillerBBQ, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Phantom keyboard inputs and general screwiness

For months I've been having some issues with my setup. It started with my media players behaving as if the pause/play button were constantly held down. I'd open a music file or video and it would sit there jittering like I was holding down the spacebar. It would do this with either MPC or VLC. Another symptom is that it would only do this when the window was on top. If I were able to deselect the window and pull something else forward the file would play normally.

One thing I tried was to go to an online keyboard tester but as soon as I would start the tool it would sit there chiming as if a key were being pressed very rapidly....except that the tool recognized no keys being pressed.

Eventually this issue spread to the media control pop-up that would display at the top left corner of the screen when adjusting volume or media. This was a pain in the ass because whenever this happened the pop-up window would remain there, on top of ANY screen I had up, even games. The only solution I found at the time was to just turn off any media of any kind whenever I wanted to play a game. This was obviously not ideal as I like to listen to podcasts or whatever while gaming. I was at my wit's end. I had searched all over the forums and tried different search criteria to try to find an answer. To make matters harder to pin down, this issue is intermittent. It will not do this every time I run my computer, only about every other time I start it.

I still haven't found a solution, but I think I may have found the cause.

There is a process in the task manager called "Service Host: Human Interface Device Service." Disabling this process solves the issue. I don't know what it does exactly or where it came from but it seems to be the cause of this. The problem now is finding out why it started and how to prevent it from doing this again.

Any thoughts would be super.

submitted by /u/BillMillerBBQ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BillMillerBBQ, Dec 21, 2020

2. Language keyboard input doesn't equal output

Hi,

Language input may vary depending on the Input method set on your keyboard settings. To sort your concern, we suggest that you check if the desired input is set correctly by following these steps:

• Type in Language and keyboard options on the search box.
    • Select the desired language that you're trying to set up.
    • Once you've selected the language, select Options.
    • Under Keyboards, select Microsoft IME and click
      Options.
    • Scroll down and select Open advanced settings.
    • A window will pop up. Under General tab, click the drop-down arrow for
      Input method and select the desired input.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Dec 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Help with the keyboard input

Hi, I think you may be able to resolve this by going to the control panel here:

Phantom keyboard inputs and general screwiness [​IMG]

and setting your desired input method as 'override' rather than 'Use Language list'

dalchina, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Phantom keyboard inputs and general screwiness

Help with the keyboard input

Dear TenForums members,

I have had this problem since I thought I had solved the chinese input. But, it turned out to be available for a few hours and then the IME is unavailable until next sign in.

In brief, to get the chinese input back, it need to sign out and sign in back and it will going to happen again continually.

Please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you.

*Picture above shows when it's unavailable.

*Picture above shows the language input setting

Steps that don't worked for me:
    - Alt + Shift
    - Win + Space
    - Setting the Chinese language as default language (worked for a while)

unidentified, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Phantom keyboard inputs and general screwiness

1. Phantom keyboard inputs and general screwiness - Similar Threads - Phantom keyboard inputs

2. Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu: After I quit a game in which I was using a controller. When I try to access the start menu or any windows menu, it seems like a directional button is being pressed meaning I cannot access anything on the menu due to this input. I have tried to use both keyboard and controller...
  3. Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom Input and unable to use Windows Menu: After I quit a game in which I was using a controller. When I try to access the start menu or any windows menu, it seems like a directional button is being pressed meaning I cannot access anything on the menu due to this input. I have tried to use both keyboard and controller...
  4. Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.: Hello,I've had a problem where if I unplug my Xbox One controller the Windows 10 UI elements, text cursor, and even mouse control in the case of using the snip tool will always pull to the right automatically. The only temporarily fix is to restart my computer, which...
  5. Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.: Hello,I've had a problem where if I unplug my Xbox One controller the Windows 10 UI elements, text cursor, and even mouse control in the case of using the snip tool will always pull to the right automatically. The only temporarily fix is to restart my computer, which...
  6. Phantom Controller Inputs After Disconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Phantom ukrainian keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phantom ukrainian keyboard: How to correct the error with installation of a phantom Ukrainian layout in the Russian language? Along with the Russian layout, the Ukrainian layout is visible in the tray, but in the options of Russian language there is only the Russian keyboard. After each windows update I...
  8. Phantom Input Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom Input Issue: I have a recurring issue with my Windows 10 PC and I need help figuring out how to troubleshoot it. Sometimes there is an issue with my keyboard input. It seems that my computer will somehow think that the ctrl button is permanently pressed, based on the fact that if I press...
  9. Phantom Input Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom Input Issue: I have a recurring issue with my Windows 10 PC and I need help figuring out how to troubleshoot it. Sometimes there is an issue with my keyboard input. It seems that my computer will somehow think that the ctrl button is permanently pressed, based on the fact that if I press...
  10. Phantom language input methods cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom language input methods cannot be deleted: At one point I added a Greek polytonic keyboard method but had deleted it long ago. However it still shows up at lower right corner and can be switched into. I tried time and language setting and control pannel change language preference menu but Greek does not show up in the...