Windows 10: Phantom keys pressed in windows context areas.

Discus and support Phantom keys pressed in windows context areas. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Video (2x speed, I'm a slow typer): https://youtu.be/MBMyydYZPOg Just to reiterate the video, there seems to be a phantom left arrow being activated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bryo962, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Phantom keys pressed in windows context areas.

Video (2x speed, I'm a slow typer): https://youtu.be/MBMyydYZPOg

Just to reiterate the video, there seems to be a phantom left arrow being activated when I go into windows context areas and I want to deactivate this.

This is happening in (as far as I'm aware):

- Start Menu

- Task Bar

- Snipping Tool

- Potentially other windows 10 context areas.

This shows up as a white box that flickers and travels left every time I right click.

This is NOT a hardware issue.

This does NOT occur in windows explorer, control panel, browser, desktop. It only seems to occur in the new windows 10 contexts/interfaces, does not occur on the legacy contexts/interfaces that have carried over from windows 7 nor does it occur on any installed applications. (Hence why I can still type this post perfectly fine).

This is likely to be due to a shortcut key that I accidentally pressed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

submitted by /u/bryo962
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bryo962, Dec 24, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Missing field Connect using in Local Area Connection Properties

Have you tried uninstalling the Network Adapter? Since there is no properties in the Local Area Connection, we suggest that you uninstall the Network Adapter. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc.
    • Right click on the Network Adapter.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Select Ok.
    • Select Scan for Hardware changes.
    Update us on the results.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Phantom keys pressed in windows context areas.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Phantom keys pressed in windows context areas.

1. Phantom keys pressed in windows context areas. - Similar Threads - Phantom keys pressed

2. How do I figure out what is causing sporadic phantom key-presses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I figure out what is causing sporadic phantom key-presses?: For the last few months, I've been having an issue with my PC where it will occasionally act as if the control, shift or ALT GR key or some combination of these are being pressed. Nothing other than pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL key seems to be able to unstick them. Due to this...
  3. How do I figure out what is causing sporadic phantom key-presses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I figure out what is causing sporadic phantom key-presses?: For the last few months, I've been having an issue with my PC where it will occasionally act as if the control, shift or ALT GR key or some combination of these are being pressed. Nothing other than pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL key seems to be able to unstick them. Due to this...
  4. How do I figure out what is causing sporadic phantom key-presses?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Phantom Key Presses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom Key Presses: Right, I'm getting pretty pissed off with Windows 10 now, and this issue has been plaguing me for a while.I am am having phantom key presses the right arrow key to be exact which is disabling from using Search, Films and TV, and basically any WINDOWS application within my...
  6. Phantom Key Presses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom Key Presses: Right, I'm getting pretty pissed off with Windows 10 now, and this issue has been plaguing me for a while.I am am having phantom key presses the right arrow key to be exact which is disabling from using Search, Films and TV, and basically any WINDOWS application within my...
  7. Phantom Key Presses

8. Bizarre phantom key press

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre phantom key press: Hello all. I've tried searching for help for this but could find none. A few weeks Ago my PC would spaz out and act like I'm holding down the "A" key, making typing impossible. It has broken my PC. I tried uninstalling keyboard drivers, and even reinstalled Windows. I...
  9. Keyboard is phantom pressing number nine

Keyboard is phantom pressing number nine: Hi. This is the first time I've experienced this on Windows 10. Yesterday I noticed that my number 9 (the one with the page up command) on the keypad of my keyboard doesn't work, then today, it would randomly input "999999999999999999999999999999999999999" into fields until I...
  10. Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...

Phantom Keyboard: '=' key repeatedly pressed even when keyboard is unplugged: Narrowed down...: Hi, I am using the latest version of Windows 10. Last night my computer began typing '=' repeatedly. It starts slow, then speeds up and eventually slows down again. The problem persists even when I unplug my keyboard. In lulls of rapid fire '=' I am able to login and...