Windows 10: Phantom Log?

Discus and support Phantom Log? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I save a .log file on the desktop it doesn't show up there. I do a search from Windows Explorer and find the log. The properties indicate it is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orealius, Dec 24, 2018.

1. orealius Win User

Phantom Log?

When I save a .log file on the desktop it doesn't show up there. I do a search from Windows Explorer and find the log. The properties indicate it is, in fact, in the desktop folder, however there is no sign of it in that folder, or on the
    Desktop itself. The only way to find the .log file is to do the search! This only happens with log files. Anyone make sense of this?...Thanks

:)

orealius, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Dec 24, 2018
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Phantom Log? [​IMG]

4. Phantom Log?

N95:8GB Phantom Access Point

Hi Folks

After I upgraded my Nokia N95 8GB to the latest firmware it has inherited a new 'access point' - this is listed when I want to choose which method of connection when Im checking email but yet when I go into the settings menu to try and delete it - the phantom
    access point is not there; all the other ones are there but its missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might remove this phantom access point from the selection list when I attempt to connect

Many thanks in advance

abigsavage---01, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Phantom Log?

1. Phantom Log? - Similar Threads - Phantom Log

2. phantom touches on touchscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    phantom touches on touchscreen: My laptop is having multiple phantom screen touches and browsers are shutting down suddenly. Both Chrome and Firefox have shut off suddenly over the last several days. Any idea what is causing this? A fix?...
  3. phantom (ghost)" touch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    phantom (ghost)" touch: phantom (ghost)" touch input on the left side of my Aspire R14 R5-471T laptop screen. This input disrupt running applications and interfere with ability to use the device. Tried most online fix to no avail. Plse help...
  4. Phantom AntiMalware Program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom AntiMalware Program: Recently, my computer has had a few problems. I simply updated a program I often use, no big deal. Though, since then, I ran a scan on my PC and found a small Trojan virus, which was removed almost immediately. Quick note: I do not use any antivirus or antimalware services,...
  5. Discovered Bug in Windows 10 Mail App - Phantom Unread Messages Icon in Taskbar & Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discovered Bug in Windows 10 Mail App - Phantom Unread Messages Icon in Taskbar & Start Menu: I've discovered whats causing the phantom unread messages icon to show unread emails in the taskbar and start menu. Steps to reproduce: 1. New unread emails sitting in the Inbox (or any folder). 2. Click on the unread email, then quickly right-click. 3. Before the...
  6. Phantom device on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Phantom device on my network: [img] This Sky QBox seems to be a permanent device on my network, yet it has no IP Address. I've compared the MAC address with devices listed in router and it's not listed. I have rebooted the router and it's still there I have no Sky devices in the house, nor do I have...
  7. Phantom account help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom account help: Hello, Recently a new account has been showing up on my computer that I did not create. The account goes by the name of "Jeff". The account is not password protected and when I log into it, it goes through first time set up. I have deleted this "Jeff" account multiple times...
  8. Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut

Windows 10 unpinable phantom app taskbar shortcut: Hey guys, a few days ago I installed the Deezer app from the windows store. I pinned it to my taskbar. After some update or something, the icon became transparent in the taskbar and wouldn't start the app, even though a right click would display "Deezer" and "Unpin from...
  9. Phantom contacts in Outlook

Phantom contacts in Outlook: Whenever I send an email and the recipient tries to reply, they receive an error message that an email to an ex-contact has failed. That contact is no longer in my contacts list, but I am concerned about what other addresses are also being tacked on when I send an email and...
  10. User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In: Hello, I just upgraded a laptop to Windows 10. I wanted to get rid of the Admin Privileges dialogue boxes and questions - 1 account, always Admin, never prompted about it. I also wanted to get rid of all password prompts and lockscreens. Essentially, I want a laptop I can...