Windows 10: Phantom Log?

Discus and support Phantom Log? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I save a .log file on the desktop it doesn't show up there. I do a search from Windows Explorer and find the log. The properties indicate it is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by orealius, Dec 24, 2018.

1. orealius Win User

Phantom Log?

When I save a .log file on the desktop it doesn't show up there. I do a search from Windows Explorer and find the log. The properties indicate it is, in fact, in the desktop folder, however there is no sign of it in that folder, or on the
    Desktop itself. The only way to find the .log file is to do the search! This only happens with log files. Anyone make sense of this?...Thanks

:)

orealius, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Dec 24, 2018
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Phantom Log? [​IMG]

4. Phantom Log?

N95:8GB Phantom Access Point

Hi Folks

After I upgraded my Nokia N95 8GB to the latest firmware it has inherited a new 'access point' - this is listed when I want to choose which method of connection when Im checking email but yet when I go into the settings menu to try and delete it - the phantom
    access point is not there; all the other ones are there but its missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might remove this phantom access point from the selection list when I attempt to connect

Many thanks in advance

abigsavage---01, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Phantom Log?

1. Phantom Log? - Similar Threads - Phantom Log

2. Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected: The dash key is automatically pressed every few minutes. No idea why yet. When does it happen: When keyboard A is plugged in When keyboard B is plugged in When no keyboard is plugged in What I've tried that solves the problem: safe mode with networking What I've...
  3. Surface Pro 3 - phantom bubbles and touchpad not responding

Surface Pro 3 - phantom bubbles and touchpad not responding: Hi, I need help. Last year I had a problem with the "phantom touch", at the upper left corner of the screen. In fact I didn't resolve it, but I escaped it disabling the touch screen without using my Surface Pro 3 as a tablet. Last week I made the last Windows upgrade for...
  4. Phantom touches on ASUS VivoBook

Phantom touches on ASUS VivoBook: I'm having an issue with phantom touches over the past few months. Sometimes it is so bad all I can do is touch and hold the manual start button and turn if off cold. This is not only an inconvenience, but it disrupts my workflow and threatens to destroy some of my work. I...
  5. Phantom Local Disk J: after Feature Update for Win10Home ver.1809 amd 64 2019-03

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Phantom Local Disk J: after Feature Update for Win10Home ver.1809 amd 64 2019-03: My 2 USB ports are populated by flash: Flash ISO's (I:) USB Drive (K:) After 1809, a "Local Disk (J:)" appeared--it has no physical basis, and never existed on this Dell before. File Explorer states "This folder is empty". SYSTEM INFO depicts J: as a "Drives",...
  6. deadspots and phantom mouse

deadspots and phantom mouse: MY surfacepro has touchscreen deadspots and phantom mouse. I have tried absolutely everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deadspots-and-phantom-mouse/a1a9b33d-8bbf-4fc9-9f94-bff46048e0c7
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer opens a phantom Word 2016 when trying to preview a .doc file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens a phantom Word 2016 when trying to preview a .doc file: I am running Windows 10 Enterprise on a Dell 7480 laptop with 8GB memory. When I have 'File Explorer' open and click on a .PDF file the preview pane shows the file without any issues, however when I scroll or click to/on a Word document the laptop fan goes hyperactive and...
  8. Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing: Bios check is fine. Antivirus Symantec EndPoint scan is clean. MalwareBytes scan incl root kits is clean. SpyBot search and Destroy scan clean. HP Pavilion dv7 64 bit laptop running Win10 Pro v.1803.17134.648. This has been happening now for over a year on this particular...
  9. phantom touches on touchscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    phantom touches on touchscreen: My laptop is having multiple phantom screen touches and browsers are shutting down suddenly. Both Chrome and Firefox have shut off suddenly over the last several days. Any idea what is causing this? A fix?...
  10. User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Profiles vs User Accounts - Phantom Account is Mucking Up Log-In: Hello, I just upgraded a laptop to Windows 10. I wanted to get rid of the Admin Privileges dialogue boxes and questions - 1 account, always Admin, never prompted about it. I also wanted to get rid of all password prompts and lockscreens. Essentially, I want a laptop I can...