Windows 10: Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?

Discus and support Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; At irregular intervals my Dell laptop breaks out in automatic mouse-clicks, a big disruption. They seem to be confined to a vertical band about a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephRexK, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?

At irregular intervals my Dell laptop breaks out in automatic mouse-clicks, a big disruption. They seem to be confined to a vertical band about a quarter of the way from the right edge of the screen, from top to bottom. I minimize the chaos by keeping open apps out of this area. The clicks are often accompanied by round dime-size flashes of light. I submitted a question about it earlier, before I had pinned down all details of the symptom, and got a diagnosis that I needed to update my drivers. I did this, and the problem was alleviated only temporarily, and is now getting worse. So I thought I’d ask for a second opinion.

Windows version: 10.0.17134

:)

JosephRexK, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Nov 11, 2018
  3. penglis Win User
    Phantom Cursor Movement + Mouse Clicks

I randomly experience phantom cursor movements and mouse clicks on my Windows 10 PC. Often, the phantom actions occur in the middle of work I am doing, so the focus is shifted to another area of the desktop, causing unintended actions and consequences. In
    fact, the problem is occurring as I attempt to write this inquiry, causing me to try and pull the cursor and focus back to my browser window.

This isn't the first time the problem has cropped up, though it is occurring with more frequency, which is diminishing my ability to use the PC. I have also noted the area of the desktop where the phantom movements/clicks occur has migrated. Previously,
    the cursor relocated to the right-center edge of the desktop. Now the cursor moves to the top-right edge of the desktop.

I've swapped out my mouse, and that doesn't have an impact on the problem. I just upgraded to the latest build of Windows 10, and that had no impact on the problem. I've not tried any troubleshooting with drivers on the machine, as that is something I don't
    have the native skills to attempt.

I am running Windows 10 10.10.0.17134 Build 17134. The PC is an HP Pavilion 27-n041 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop with an Intel i7 CPU.

penglis, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?

mouse problem problem after upgrading

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse\touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Mouse\touchpad
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Mouse\touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Mouse\touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?

1. Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem? - Similar Threads - Phantom mouse clicks

2. Mouse click problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse click problem: Hi. Apps keep closing immediately after clicking with mouse. But not with keyboard. Help.And how to upload video here?I can only upload images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-problem/2f3f3836-53a1-47b0-b15b-5d2de109695d
  3. Mouse click problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse click problem: Hi. Apps keep closing immediately after clicking with mouse. But not with keyboard. Help.And how to upload video here?I can only upload images. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-problem/2f3f3836-53a1-47b0-b15b-5d2de109695d
  4. Mouse click problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Phantom mouse clicks :o

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phantom mouse clicks :o: After the latest update, my mouse inserts phantom mouse clicks. Windows go out of focus and whatever is under the mouse gets clicked. I would bin this crap, expect I need it to work!!! submitted by /u/famaminores [link] [comments]...
  6. Phantom mouse clicks and cursor.

Phantom mouse clicks and cursor.: This problem is driving me nuts. I have an HP laptop with touchscreen. Sometimes it's fine and other times I can't send an email with out the phantom cursor bringing up contacts or something else that it thinks I clicked on. It's taking me 3 times as long to do my job. I...
  7. Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking

Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking: Hey guys, So, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad 320. Everything was fine until a few days ago when the mouse pointer started getting stuck while I tried to move it. When left alone, it would start moving on its own in an abrupt manner. It also left-clicks at...
  8. deadspots and phantom mouse

deadspots and phantom mouse: MY surfacepro has touchscreen deadspots and phantom mouse. I have tried absolutely everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deadspots-and-phantom-mouse/a1a9b33d-8bbf-4fc9-9f94-bff46048e0c7
  9. Phantom mouse

Phantom mouse: Recently the mouse pad has a phantom mouse that prevents me from working...is there a permanent fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phantom-mouse/27970ddf-5b06-4983-a336-6868bafc925d
  10. Weird problem--phantom mouse click coming out of standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird problem--phantom mouse click coming out of standby: Hi all. I upgraded to Win10 from 7 a few weeks ago and generally it has been pretty good. There were a few driver issues I have mostly sorted out, including the touchpad driver, which I had to override with an older one since the one which came with Win10 would not remember...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse doing phantom clicks

2. how to solve phantom clicks

3. phantom mouse clicks

4. windows 10 phantom cursur movements