Windows 10: Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking

Discus and support Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, So, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad 320. Everything was fine until a few days ago when the mouse pointer started getting stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Owais Bin Asad, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking

Hey guys,

So, I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad 320. Everything was fine until a few days ago when the mouse pointer started getting stuck while I tried to move it. When left alone, it would start moving on its own in an abrupt manner. It also left-clicks at random.

At first, I thought this was some sort of malware playing with me because I had encountered a malware that deleted all of my data on the machine a week ago (it was taken care of though). A complete scan didn't show anything. Then I thought that the malware damaged some Windows file so I reinstalled Windows...no luck there. My final concern was that this is a hardware thing and that the touchpad is damaged so I plugged in a USB mouse to see if that worked fine...it didn't. The mouse pointer kept up with that behaviour even when I turned the trackpad off and just used the mouse.

Now, I'm lost. Help, please.

:)

Owais Bin Asad, Aug 18, 2019
  2. penglis Win User

Phantom Cursor Movement + Mouse Clicks

I randomly experience phantom cursor movements and mouse clicks on my Windows 10 PC. Often, the phantom actions occur in the middle of work I am doing, so the focus is shifted to another area of the desktop, causing unintended actions and consequences. In
    fact, the problem is occurring as I attempt to write this inquiry, causing me to try and pull the cursor and focus back to my browser window.

This isn't the first time the problem has cropped up, though it is occurring with more frequency, which is diminishing my ability to use the PC. I have also noted the area of the desktop where the phantom movements/clicks occur has migrated. Previously,
    the cursor relocated to the right-center edge of the desktop. Now the cursor moves to the top-right edge of the desktop.

I've swapped out my mouse, and that doesn't have an impact on the problem. I just upgraded to the latest build of Windows 10, and that had no impact on the problem. I've not tried any troubleshooting with drivers on the machine, as that is something I don't
    have the native skills to attempt.

I am running Windows 10 10.10.0.17134 Build 17134. The PC is an HP Pavilion 27-n041 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop with an Intel i7 CPU.

penglis, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Aug 18, 2019
  4. CeeBrown Win User

Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking

Mouse pointer is both stuck and ghosting with mouse movement

My mouse pointer is crazy. Well, they BOTH are. There are two. Schizophrenic. One is stuck in one spot on the screen, inside the 'touch bubble', the other one is blinky on/off but does follow my mouse movements. I've disabled, enabled, restarted with both
    scenarios, reverted, uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, shut it off and restarted, and searched for this problem- to no avail. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse and installed Windows 10 on a Windows 7 touch screen desktop pc last year. Had this problem
    a couple times before, but restarting with the plug pulled did the trick. Now it doesn't fix the problem. Anybody know anything else I can try? Support suggested some of the things I tried already, but nothing works.

CeeBrown, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking

1. Phantom Mouse Pointer Movement and Clicking - Similar Threads - Phantom Mouse Pointer

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. how to fix mouse pointer movement problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix mouse pointer movement problems: When I move the pointer it starts and stops. Also, cannot change some pointer settings with control panel. Windows 11 on Lenovo idea pad 3-14 lap top...
  4. how to fix mouse pointer movement problems

how to fix mouse pointer movement problems: When I move the pointer it starts and stops. Also, cannot change some pointer settings with control panel. Windows 11 on Lenovo idea pad 3-14 lap top...
  5. Mouse pointer keep blinking at left bottom corner + phantom clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer keep blinking at left bottom corner + phantom clicking: Hi, My mouse pointer keep blinking at left bottom corner and I notice phantom clicking which is very annoying. Sometimes the mouse just becomes unresponsive. I check the mouse setting and error as picture below appear. I google solution and try solution provided by someone...
  6. Mouse pointer keep blinking at left bottom corner + phantom clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer keep blinking at left bottom corner + phantom clicking: Hi, My mouse pointer keep blinking at left bottom corner and I notice phantom clicking which is very annoying. Sometimes the mouse just becomes unresponsive. I check the mouse setting and error as picture below appear. I google solution and try solution provided by someone...
  7. Mouse pointer keep blinking at left bottom corner + phantom clicking

8. Phantom mouse clicks :o

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Phantom mouse clicks :o: After the latest update, my mouse inserts phantom mouse clicks. Windows go out of focus and whatever is under the mouse gets clicked. I would bin this crap, expect I need it to work!!! submitted by /u/famaminores [link] [comments]...
  9. Phantom mouse clicks and cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phantom mouse clicks and cursor.: This problem is driving me nuts. I have an HP laptop with touchscreen. Sometimes it's fine and other times I can't send an email with out the phantom cursor bringing up contacts or something else that it thinks I clicked on. It's taking me 3 times as long to do my job. I...
  10. Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Phantom mouse-clicks: driver problem?: At irregular intervals my Dell laptop breaks out in automatic mouse-clicks, a big disruption. They seem to be confined to a vertical band about a quarter of the way from the right edge of the screen, from top to bottom. I minimize the chaos by keeping open apps out of this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phantom mouse movement

2. phantom mouse pointer on screen