Windows 10: Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004

Discus and support Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Since upgrading to 2004 I've noticed a phantom app at the very bottom of my start menu apps listed under "other" named ms-resource:ProductName. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/avianphoto, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004

Since upgrading to 2004 I've noticed a phantom app at the very bottom of my start menu apps listed under "other" named ms-resourcePhantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004 :productName. If I right click it has an uninstall option which doesn't work. I also checked in the various Start menu explorer folders as well as in Programs and Features(Control Panel) but there are no traces. If I copy a shortcut to it onto the desktop it references back to microsoft.ppiprojection. I'm hoping someone may have an idea how I can get rid of this from my Start Menu. Thanks!

submitted by /u/avianphoto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/avianphoto, Sep 6, 2020
  2. OldNavyGuy, Sep 6, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Sep 6, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004

dalchina, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004

1. Phantom start menu app after upgrading to win 10 2004 - Similar Threads - Phantom start menu

2. Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps are horrendously slow to start after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 from 2004: I have an Acer Aspire TC-780-EB12 desktop that is four years old. It came with Windows 10 installed, and it has worked very well for me, until it upgraded to Windows 10 version 20H2. Now, it is extremely slow to log in to, and when I try to start any apps, they take minutes...
  3. win 8.1 start menu in win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    win 8.1 start menu in win 10: hello, i wants a win 8.1 start menu in win 10 but i don't find any way to do thad thad wark on my pc i can't eneable tabled mode does someone have any progam or anything to do thad 175902
  4. After 2004 upgrade, Start menu is broken, how i can fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 2004 upgrade, Start menu is broken, how i can fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/semen-azo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxpa93/after_2004_upgrade_start_menu_is_broken_how_i_can/
  5. Win 10 version 2004 Start Menu transparency

Win 10 version 2004 Start Menu transparency: I haven't use the start menu transparency option at all on my pc before untill i upgraded version 2004 May 2020 update. Some days ago i tried to make the start menu transparent but it doesn't work at all, i have tried several solution online but still not working. I...
  6. Win 10 start menu

Win 10 start menu: I go to the start menu to shutdown, I click on the window icon the normal options appear, but before I can click on anything the start menu closes. trying this repeated gives the same issue. To shutdown I have to right click the start icon and go from there. How do I solve...
  7. Windows 10 2004 start menu not working

Windows 10 2004 start menu not working: In Windows 10 2004 update start menu is not working its not opening no matter how many times I click on it I have tried restarting nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2004-start-menu-not-working/ed2656b3-53d1-4ebc-9886-fc5573943be0
  8. Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update

Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update: I can't get programs to run via start menu after Windows 10 2004 update. I can hover over them and select them but then my screen flashes a couple of times and nothing happens....
  9. After Windows 10 Upgrade, Most Apps in Start Menu are Gone...

in Windows 10 Support
    After Windows 10 Upgrade, Most Apps in Start Menu are Gone...: ...and there doesn't appear to be a way to add new apps. I asked a pair of questions on this topic over at SuperUser that is outlining my issues with the start menu in Windows 10. The summary is that the Start Menu seems to be relatively broken for me after doing a...
  10. Win 10 Upgrade will not start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Upgrade will not start: I'm helping a friend upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. My Win 10 upgrade went through cleanly and quickly. George (my friend) is not computer literate so I agreed to do the upgrade as he'd been receiving prompts on his PC. On the day we'd agreed he rang to say he'd responded...