Windows 10: Phantom Storage loss?

Discus and support Phantom Storage loss? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my computer is losing storage space for no reason, literally going down before my eyes. Two hours ago I was sitting here: [ATTACH] And now, two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ins3rtNameHere, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Phantom Storage loss?

So my computer is losing storage space for no reason, literally going down before my eyes.

Two hours ago I was sitting here:

Phantom Storage loss? 5090a6a4-8776-47df-8de8-2dc9195b415c?upload=true.png

And now, two hours later im sitting here:

Phantom Storage loss? 4eca8013-408b-4d2d-9f2d-71ac462f5472?upload=true.png

Apps and features has mysteriously grown, even though I have not installed a single thing for weeks. Where is my storage being whisked away to?

:)

Ins3rtNameHere, Sep 14, 2019
  2. Marc Cai Win User

Storage Space phantom data

Hi Pyro900,

We appreciate that you post this query in Microsoft Community. We would be so glad if we can help, however, the community has a very limited support/resources about generating phantom space in Windows 10.

On what we've understood, a GPT type of hard drives for Windows 10 can have 128 partitions, each with max 18 exabytes (~18.8 million terabytes of space). See more here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/hard-drives-and-partitions

But then, we may still have to consider the following:

• Overall hardware: the power required for it to run, the memory of your PC, the core processor (CPU), and if the motherboard will be able to support the said size of storage drive.
    • The OS bit version (64 and 32 bit), and the software that is being used to read a massive storage size.

Further support, more accurate and reliable information about the said query, please post the same thread on
    Social TechNet.

Kind regards.

Marc Cai, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Helmut Win User
    Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Phantom Storage loss?

Phantom Storage loss?

So my computer is losing storage space for no reason, literally going down before my eyes.

Two hours ago I was sitting here:

Phantom Storage loss? 5090a6a4-8776-47df-8de8-2dc9195b415c?upload=true.png

And now, two hours later im sitting here:

Phantom Storage loss? 4eca8013-408b-4d2d-9f2d-71ac462f5472?upload=true.png

Apps and features has mysteriously grown, even though I have not installed a single thing for weeks. Where is my storage being whisked away to?

Ins3rtNameHere, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Phantom Storage loss?

1. Phantom Storage loss? - Similar Threads - Phantom Storage loss

2. Loss of C: drive Available Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of C: drive Available Storage: Problem: On my Dell Inspiron 3250 desktop new Windows 10 with a 1TB C: drive, using File Explorer, I noticed I was losing about 20 GB of storage capacity per day. Troubleshooting: My McAfee virus software was detecting no virus. Using File Explorer, I was unable to see...
  3. Loss of storage SDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Loss of storage SDD: I'm having a problem with my laptop. Whenever I play games during my games whenever I lose storage. I checked and its not my windows system protection. Can someone help me? I can only lose some more storage where I have none and my computer breaks down. I would like to know...
  4. Random loss of storage. Please help me (:

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random loss of storage. Please help me (:: Hi. I keep on losing all my space on my HDD. I delete lots of recordings, games and other stuff but it keeps filling up until its full. Idk wether its a virus or something. Ive scanned for viruses and I have none. Any help would be much appreciated. (: If you know...
  5. Random loss of storage...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random loss of storage...: After the update i downloaded a 1.1 Gb program. My Free storage went from 398 to 355. Is their a way to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-loss-of-storage/3a6e8166-1dea-402b-ad17-b7b1f25b2fd2
  6. Phantom mouse

Phantom mouse: Recently the mouse pad has a phantom mouse that prevents me from working...is there a permanent fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phantom-mouse/27970ddf-5b06-4983-a336-6868bafc925d
  7. Phantom Log?

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom Log?: When I save a .log file on the desktop it doesn't show up there. I do a search from Windows Explorer and find the log. The properties indicate it is, in fact, in the desktop folder, however there is no sign of it in that folder, or on the Desktop itself. The only way to find...
  8. Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive

Loss Of Drive Storage Limit on the C: drive: This might be hard to explain so an Image May help. The following shows my storage limits on each of my drives (The E and F drives or for backup). [ATTACH] As of Recently I have noticed that my main C: drive has had its storage limit drop down. When I had first gotten my...
  9. phantom homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    phantom homegroup: the last time I upgraded to 1703 on my desktop I had an issue with homegroups. It said I could join a homegroup that was created by myself on my desktop. I reverted to 1607. So MS sort of forced the issue months later - like last night - and I let it update. Same problem....
  10. Phantom hardware

Phantom hardware: I have a Lenovo laptop with 2 ssd installed no cd installed. I go to drive management and I have a cd with a dvd mounted with 3.9 GB showing I can open a command prompt and get a directory listing. [img] I would like to know where this hardware is? 2758