Windows 10: Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing

Discus and support Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Bios check is fine. Antivirus Symantec EndPoint scan is clean. MalwareBytes scan incl root kits is clean. SpyBot search and Destroy scan clean. HP... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Connieb48083, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing

Bios check is fine. Antivirus Symantec EndPoint scan is clean. MalwareBytes scan incl root kits is clean. SpyBot search and Destroy scan clean. HP Pavilion dv7 64 bit laptop running Win10 Pro v.1803.17134.648. This has been happening now for over a year on this particular laptop - prior to this Win10 update and since - so it's not operating system version specific. I have also done a repair OS reinstall that didn't seem to affect this. Phantom typing coming thru speakers. No difference if I'm working on laptop and typing, or laptop is just sitting there "on". I am wireless. It can be heard whether wireless is on or off, whether or not a browser page is open. It's annoying like a nuisance virus... I remember a bug a long time ago that randomly "Burped". I don't know if it's actually more than a nuisance. The fact that all scans are coming up clean leaves me at a loss of what this is and why I can't get rid of it. It can be a slow, dada dadada beep, couple second pause then repeat, strings longer or shorter. Or, a frantic run of typing and beeps that goes on for 30sec's or more without a pause. Then it stops for minutes, or hours, or days, but always comes back. It's been relatively quiet for a few weeks to where I was actually thinking it finally stopped. But no, it started again randomly about 3 days ago. Yesterday I reinstalled my copy of Office Pro 2010. No sooner done with that install and the typing sounds came back with a vengeance. Ran all scans again, and again everything comes back clean. I have found that if I actually power off the laptop and let it sit for a while; usually 30min to an hour or more, when I power it back up it's quiet. It's been powered on for about 3 hrs now without a phantom sound. Have no idea how long peace and quiet will last. Experience dictates noise will return. Are there any other programs or tools that might work to isolate this if it's a worm or a trojan being missed by programs mentioned? I really don't want to have to wipe harddrive and reinstall everything... I'd really like to know what this is. Any and all feedback appreciated.

Regards

-ConnieB48083

:)

Connieb48083, Apr 3, 2019

2. SOUND FOR TYPING KEYS?

Hi Richard,

The option to play key sound as a user type is available in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 settings. The steps on how to enable the option will depend on the make and model of the device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Is the option "Hear click sounds while typing" available in Gmail and Yahoo mail's settings?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you manually update your keyboard driver. This
    link provides further information on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Chiming type sound.

Hello Megan,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with chiming sound while using Edge in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There might be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings or the audio drivers have gone bad in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card
    or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would also suggest to download and install the latest soundcard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

How to download and install drivers,
    please follow the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/all-drivers

Note: A driver is software that a device uses to work with your PC. Every device needs a driver to work with your PC. So, in many cases, you can plug in a device, and it’ll work
    automatically.

Windows can also download device software and info. This might include an app that the device manufacturer created to go with your device or info like the product name, manufacturer, and model number, to help you distinguish
    between similar devices.

Drivers are updated occasionally. Windows can update them automatically, or you can install the updated drivers yourself. Windows notifies you if it detects a suspicious or unsafe driver you shouldn't install.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.

If the issue persists, please follow method 4

Method 4:

I would suggest you to refer to the steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, including no sound coming from your speakers or headphones.

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 3, 2019
  4. Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing

No sound from headphones but speakers work.

No Its Just A Speaker

glockafella, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing

1. Phantom typing sounds from laptop speakers when no one is typing - Similar Threads - Phantom typing sounds

2. My Asus Laptops speakers are not working it just has some beep type sound when sound is played.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Laptops speakers are not working it just has some beep type sound when sound is played.: My Asus Laptops speakers are not working it just has some beep type sound when sound is played. When i play sound the beeps start and when i pause the audio/video the beeps stop after 30seconds it really worrys me out as i am unable to do work on my laptop. My laptop model is...
  3. My Asus Laptops speakers are not working it just has some beep type sound when sound is played.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Asus Laptops speakers are not working it just has some beep type sound when sound is played.: My Asus Laptops speakers are not working it just has some beep type sound when sound is played. When i play sound the beeps start and when i pause the audio/video the beeps stop after 30seconds it really worrys me out as i am unable to do work on my laptop. My laptop model is...
  4. Laptop keyboard typing one key when playing games

Laptop keyboard typing one key when playing games: Hii had very annoying problem with my laptop.When playing games sometimes last pressed any key start typing himself like thatSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWhile rest keys not respnding, only way...
  5. Laptop keyboard typing one key when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keyboard typing one key when playing games: Hii had very annoying problem with my laptop.When playing games sometimes last pressed any key start typing himself like thatSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWhile rest keys not respnding, only way...
  6. System sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds when typing: When I am typing, my key strokes are playing windows system noises. I've turned off all sticky keys notifications sounds and everything else I can find associated with that. It's extremely frustrating and I can't find any way to turn this off. It's not every key either, and...
  7. System sounds when typing

System sounds when typing: When I am typing, my key strokes are playing windows system noises. I've turned off all sticky keys notifications sounds and everything else I can find associated with that. It's extremely frustrating and I can't find any way to turn this off. It's not every key either, and...
  8. Typing Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Typing Sound: I turned on typing sounds some weeks ago but I was so irritated with it that I wat to stop it. Then I turned off the typing sound option but I can still hear it. How do I turn it off?...
  9. No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected: I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date. I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.) The following are my...
  10. Turn of Typing Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn of Typing Sound: Is there another setting to turn off key sounds as I'm typing, other than turning off the "play keysounds as I type" in Touch Keyboard settings?? I've switched that setting to "off" but my keys are still making that typing sound....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phantom sounds hp laptop