Windows 10: Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected

Discus and support Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The dash key is automatically pressed every few minutes. No idea why yet. When does it happen: When keyboard A is plugged in When keyboard B is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David123412341234, May 25, 2019.

1. Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected

The dash key is automatically pressed every few minutes. No idea why yet.

When does it happen:

• When keyboard A is plugged in
    • When keyboard B is plugged in
    • When no keyboard is plugged in

What I've tried that solves the problem:

• safe mode with networking

What I've tried that has no effect on the problem:

• disabled all startup services
    • closed all taskbar programs

There is a huge list of things that are not running/disabled in safe mode vs normal windows startup. How would I efficiently find out what is causing this issue?

:)

David123412341234, May 25, 2019
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, May 25, 2019
  3. 24C
    24c Win User
    Phantom router on network

Recently I've noticed a "phantom" router appearing in my network. The Belkin router is not mine, the Linksys is.

Properties of the Belkin router list serial number, MAC address, model number, model, manufacturer, but no IP address. It only shows up on my desktop, not the Pro 3's or HP laptop's File Explorer under Network.

Desktop is connected to network with a Netgear WNDA3100v3 N600 Dual Band USB Adapter - WPA2-PSK security type. Pro 3 and Laptop connect to network with their internal wireless connections

Haven't noticed any "strange" behavior, or usage, on my machines, but am curious as to why it is appearing in my network.

Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?

Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected [​IMG]

4. Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected

N95:8GB Phantom Access Point

Hi Folks

After I upgraded my Nokia N95 8GB to the latest firmware it has inherited a new 'access point' - this is listed when I want to choose which method of connection when Im checking email but yet when I go into the settings menu to try and delete it - the phantom
    access point is not there; all the other ones are there but its missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might remove this phantom access point from the selection list when I attempt to connect

Many thanks in advance

abigsavage---01, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected

1. Phantom unwanted keypresses even when no keybaord is connected - Similar Threads - Phantom unwanted keypresses

2. keybaord issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keybaord issues: I am having problems with my keyboard with a lot of things, its not just games. my keyboard has been having massive delays this started around 2 days ago, I tried to switch my keyboard and the delay still seems to have followed....
  3. keybaord issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keybaord issues: I am having problems with my keyboard with a lot of things, its not just games. my keyboard has been having massive delays this started around 2 days ago, I tried to switch my keyboard and the delay still seems to have followed....
  4. touch keybaord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touch keybaord: Hi, I am using English/Traditional Chinese on a Dell with Win10 Home, version 21H1.I used to be able to switch between the 2 languages easily using alt+shift and the selectedlanguage would show up on the task bar. and I can click on the touch keyboard icon to bring upthe...
  5. touch keybaord

touch keybaord: Hi, I am using English/Traditional Chinese on a Dell with Win10 Home, version 21H1.I used to be able to switch between the 2 languages easily using alt+shift and the selectedlanguage would show up on the task bar. and I can click on the touch keyboard icon to bring upthe...
  6. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  7. Keypressing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keypressing problem: Hey everyone,Sorry for disturbing but I am facing keypressing problem in my Lenovo G50-80 80E5 laptop. I've googled it and found a solution. Following the solution, i enabled the last option of the device installation restrictions in group policy which was Prevent...
  8. Keypressing problem

9. Keybaord doesent work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keybaord doesent work: So recently, i was on my pc than a few hours later whwn i came back to my pc, my keybaords rgb was off. Everytime i typed it would type multiple leters. I had no previous version of windows nor any vrius, according to avast.both keyboard and mouse work fine on other devices....
  10. Keyboard keypress volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard keypress volume: Since in my Surface 1 I have the touch keyboard I need audio feedback for the pressure of keys, but I don't want to hear loud all the other windows sounds. Is it possible in win 10 to raise the volume of the keyboard while leaving the rest of system sounds dim? 49053