Windows 10: Pharos GPS-500

Discus and support Pharos GPS-500 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Win10 Pro reports for the USB to serial converter : Driver not installed, there are no compatible drivers for this device.Not surprisingly, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShaneBK, Nov 30, 2021.

1. ShaneBK Win User

Pharos GPS-500

Win10 Pro reports for the USB to serial converter : Driver not installed, there are no compatible drivers for this device.Not surprisingly, it doesn't even show the GPS, but does "bing-bong" when I plug it in or remove it.Please advise.

:)

ShaneBK, Nov 30, 2021

2. pharos traveler gps

how do i connect a pharos traveler gps to a window 10 computer

carlomilito, Nov 30, 2021
  3. PuterUzer Win User
    PHAROS GPS500 locator

Interesting, but not helpful response because...

1) When I plug in the Microsoft GPS-500 device I get the BSOD. There is no way to uninstall the device.

2) The driver that seems to be the problem is ser2ph64.sys and this driver is not listed in either of the sites you list.

3) The driver does not seem to be available at either Pharos or Prolific.

In my mind the more important question is this: The Microsoft GPS-500 worked just fine with Windows 10 version 1511. The problem first appeared after I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1607. Why? What change did 1607 make that made the use of this
    Microsoft product impossible? And, how long will I have to wait until another update to 1607 allows this product to work again?

Thanks.

PuterUzer, Nov 30, 2021
  4. PuterUzer Win User

Pharos GPS-500

Pharos GPS-500 USB from MS Streets and Trips now crashes Win 10 Anniversary

With thanks to The_Parsonage on another thread on this subject, my MS GPS receiver is no longer rejected by my computer! That is, no BSOD when I plug the Pharos unit into my computer!

Apparently, the problem is that the Pharos driver is not digitally signed by Microsoft.

Here is what I did to get it working again. But make sure the GPS receiver is not plugged in.

Click on Windows Settings (the gear)

Click on Update and Security

Click on Recovery

Under Advanced Startup, click Restart now

Under Choose an option, click on Troubleshoot

Click on Advanced options

Click on Startup settings. You will see a list of options.

Click on Restart

After the restart, you will see this same list of options with numbers.

Choose Option 7) Disable driver signature enforcement

The computer will restart with this enforcement disabled.

Once it is up and running, plug the GPS receiver into your computer. In my case, the BSOD did NOT appear and the receiver showed up in the Ports section of the Device Manager (as it should). I hope your experience is the same.

Now, everything I have read so far says that his is supposed to be a temporary disabling. So I did both a cold and warm boot and then plugged in the receiver. In all cases it continues to work! So, either this disabling is not temporary or Windows now thinks
    the driver is OK. I prefer to think it is the latter.

But the main message is that I now have back the use of the MS GPS receiver that the Anniversary Update of Win 10 took from me.

PuterUzer, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

Pharos GPS-500

1. Pharos GPS-500 - Similar Threads - Pharos GPS 500

2. Pharos GPS-500

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pharos GPS-500: Win10 Pro reports for the USB to serial converter : Driver not installed, there are no compatible drivers for this device.Not surprisingly, it doesn't even show the GPS, but does "bing-bong" when I plug it in or remove it.Please advise....
  3. Pharos GPS-500

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pharos GPS-500: Win10 Pro reports for the USB to serial converter : Driver not installed, there are no compatible drivers for this device.Not surprisingly, it doesn't even show the GPS, but does "bing-bong" when I plug it in or remove it.Please advise....
  4. GPS Garmin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPS Garmin: I have a five year old Garmin GPS that I never had problems downloading their yearly maps on Win 7 but ever since I upgraded to Win 10..I keep getting a error message like unable to recognize USB device..any help would be appreciated....
  5. GPS not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPS not working properly: Good day, I have some new Panasonic FZ-M1 tablets that all run Windows 10 version 1903. Some of the devices do not allow Maps to access my exact location while on a cellular connection. When on WiFi, I'm able to get the correct coordinates, but when on cellular, Maps says...
  6. GPS . . .

GPS . . .: Along4 with7 my text problem. I have a Dell Vostro 3583, laptop. Is, it possible to add GPS? Then, I assume, I could enter a city, anywhere. And watch7 th7e traffic moving4 around . . . Using GPS? If it can't be done? Oh7 well, h7ad to try. Th7anks for reading4 . . ....
  7. GPS road map

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPS road map: how do Ii download my Magellan RoadMate 5120-LMTX content manager on my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gps-road-map/4ad78660-016f-42bb-8c8e-2ad54516528d
  8. Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth GPS Troubleshooting: Why can my bluetooth GPS unit (i.e. Garmin Glo 2.0) pair with my windows 10 tablet but not communicate any location data to it? This is extremely frustrating! This is an option for IOS and Android! Why can't Windows 10 communicate with the bluetooth GPS. I specifically set up...
  9. no gps signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no gps signal: hay m using lumia 540 windows 10 latest version in my lumia when i try to navigate and tap on get directions than its show no gps signal i already try roll back and update it but still same problem i think its a windows or map issue but unfortunately Microsoft stop update for...
  10. Help with GPS Settings

Help with GPS Settings: Dear All, I need to find my GPS settings, so I can turn off and on again. Suggestion that I do that from a website to help with my registration with them (can't find my address, only my neighbours across the road). Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft gps-500 software download

2. microsoft gps-500 driver windows 10

3. pharos gps-500 win7 drivers