Windows 10: Phasing out X500-based security?

Discus and support Phasing out X500-based security? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.As many of you will know, everything based on X500-series is built on weirdly formatted flat text files. Those files use different numbers of spaces... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FluffyBumpkins, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Phasing out X500-based security?

Hi.As many of you will know, everything based on X500-series is built on weirdly formatted flat text files. Those files use different numbers of spaces and carriage returns, among other things, as field delimiters. The schema is just weird, such that rather than having key=value pairs, it has things like "key=value1, value2, value3..." example: the CN field in any given such text file has multiple values. The data is not at all normalised, and frankly it's just a mess. I believe this is because those RFC folks were from the Dark Ages, when people used codepages and flat text files for ev

:)

FluffyBumpkins, Aug 10, 2022
  2. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Aug 10, 2022
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Phasing out X500-based security?

Jsssssssss, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Phasing out X500-based security?

1. Phasing out X500-based security? - Similar Threads - Phasing X500 based

2. Microsoft is phasing out VBScript in Windows to improve security

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is phasing out VBScript in Windows to improve security: Microsoft announced plans to deprecate Visual Basic Script (VBScript) support in its Windows operating system. The company introduced VBScript, which is modeled on Visual Basic, in 1996. Web developers were the initial target of the scripting language, but it soon gained...
  3. Notepad being phased out; why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad being phased out; why?: I finally let Microsoft win and upgraded to Windows 11. When I tried to open Notepad, I got a message saying Notepad will be removed in the future. Notepad is an essential part of Windows and I still use it regularly; what kind of decision is this? Is Microsoft trying to...
  4. Notepad being phased out; why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad being phased out; why?: I finally let Microsoft win and upgraded to Windows 11. When I tried to open Notepad, I got a message saying Notepad will be removed in the future. Notepad is an essential part of Windows and I still use it regularly; what kind of decision is this? Is Microsoft trying to...
  5. Secure Host Base PolicyEngine.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Host Base PolicyEngine.exe: How do I get a version of the PolicyEngine.exe that will run on Windows 10 Version 22H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-host-base-policyengineexe/2eec21a7-078e-468d-93b7-586e705ec0ef
  6. Secure Host Base PolicyEngine.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure Host Base PolicyEngine.exe: How do I get a version of the PolicyEngine.exe that will run on Windows 10 Version 22H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/secure-host-base-policyengineexe/2eec21a7-078e-468d-93b7-586e705ec0ef
  7. Secure Host Base PolicyEngine.exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Phasing out X500-based security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phasing out X500-based security?: Hi.As many of you will know, everything based on X500-series is built on weirdly formatted flat text files. Those files use different numbers of spaces and carriage returns, among other things, as field delimiters. The schema is just weird, such that rather than having...
  9. virtualization based security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    virtualization based security: Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401
  10. virtualization based security

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    virtualization based security: Should virtualization based security be enabled. I find under system information that mine is disabled. 132401