Windows 10: phishing emails

Discus and support phishing emails in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been getting lots of emails that appear to be from Microsoft. I checked the email source info. I'm no expert but they appear to be valid. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vj000000, Mar 10, 2022.

1. vj000000 Win User

phishing emails

I've been getting lots of emails that appear to be from Microsoft. I checked the email source info. I'm no expert but they appear to be valid. However, what the emails report or are asking are suspect. The emails will either tell me that I've changed my P/W, logged in, or created another ID with access. See below for an example. Attempts to contact MS Account Team directly got me no replies. I've checked my account info/history and everything looks OK i.e. p/w OK, history shows no suspicious log-on, no IDs have been added, etc.I generally mark this stuff as PHISHING and report it.Can

:)

vj000000, Mar 10, 2022

2. phishing email

While there are legitimate emails from the Microsoft account team,
    email phishing scams using the Microsoft name
    are very common so you have to be very careful. A
    legitimate email address domain from Microsoft is @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

This is an example of an older scam:
    Ask Leo: Is Windows Live Hotmail about to close my account?

quietman7 - MVP, Mar 10, 2022
  3. Jsssssssss, Mar 10, 2022
  4. phishing emails

phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

phishing emails

1. phishing emails - Similar Threads - phishing emails

2. Phishing email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phishing email: I got an email in my Yahoo mail, it says it is from Microsoft Teams, it looks legitimate but there is one error that makes me think it is not. I cannot find an address to send it to Microsoft. Everything I find is related to Outlook email, I don’t use Outlook email. So what...
  3. Phishing email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing email: I got an email in my Yahoo mail, it says it is from Microsoft Teams, it looks legitimate but there is one error that makes me think it is not. I cannot find an address to send it to Microsoft. Everything I find is related to Outlook email, I don’t use Outlook email. So what...
  4. Phishing email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Blocking a phishing email...

Blocking a phishing email...: I was trying to block a repetitive phishing email using the "Rules" option this was my first time using this option and I may have stuffed my email, as soon as I hit the "enter" key all my email list started to disappear, and now my email won`t/can`t receive or send, can...
  6. Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365: I am getting a ton of phishing emails on .msn email account. I use Outlook with Office 365. My junk email setting level is on High, and I have "Warn me about suspicious domain names.... " box checked. I have yet to see a warning even though almost all spam is from obviously...
  7. Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365

Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365: I am getting a ton of phishing emails on .msn email account. I use Outlook with Office 365. My junk email setting level is on High, and I have "Warn me about suspicious domain names.... " box checked. I have yet to see a warning even though almost all spam is from obviously...
  8. Stop email spam and phishing Outlook Office 365

9. Please let me know how I can get rid of all the no-reply phishing spam emails I receive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please let me know how I can get rid of all the no-reply phishing spam emails I receive...: Please let me know how I can get rid of all the no-reply phishing spam emails I receive every day from INSEAD alumni c/o Yammer, all without one-click unsubscribe? Regards, P. Petropoulos...
  10. Please let me know how I can get rid of all the no-reply phishing spam emails I receive...

Please let me know how I can get rid of all the no-reply phishing spam emails I receive...: Please let me know how I can get rid of all the no-reply phishing spam emails I receive every day from INSEAD alumni c/o Yammer, all without one-click unsubscribe? Regards, P. Petropoulos...