Windows 10: Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

Discus and support Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just had a call from 0208 313 9626 (a London Number) from an Asian accented man claiming to be from Microsoft and he was calling me regarding a virus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Colin_1955, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

I just had a call from 0208 313 9626 (a London Number) from an Asian accented man claiming to be from Microsoft and he was calling me regarding a virus on my PC - I hung up (but not before this guy was shouting at me down the phone not to hang up and do what he said!!). When I called the number back it was not recognised. Is there a report line within Microsoft for this sort of thing where they have the wherewithal to get the details of this number from BT? and be able to get BT to tale action.

:)

Colin_1955, Nov 10, 2018

2. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Microsoft fixes Internet Explorer 7 phishing shield

Internet Explorer 7 was designed with security in mind. While there have been several flaws reported in the browser, Microsoft has so far been very good with patching them. When they discovered that Internet Explorer 7's phishing shield can get bogged down very quickly when viewing multiple web pages at once (or just a web page with a lot of content), Microsoft worked hard to find a fix. The problem lied in the way the phishing filter checks for bad sites. Instead of checking whether a site is on a pre-downloaded "naughty list" like Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7 asks Microsoft whether or not a site is good before loading it. A quick optimization patch was not included in the most recent "Patch Tuesday", but you can still get it here.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

quietman7 - MVP, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

1. Phishing phone from someone claiming to be from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Phishing phone someone

2. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...: I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-call-from-someone-claiming-to-be-from/c84a4e83-f637-4356-9c01-0673d3e08b42
  3. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...: I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is this legitimate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-received-a-call-from-someone-claiming-to-be-from/c84a4e83-f637-4356-9c01-0673d3e08b42
  4. I received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft Cyber Crime department, is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft

Reporting a scam or phishing phone claiming to be from Microsoft: We've had quite a few scam-phishing phone calls to our landline, showing that number and the recorded name says Allison calling from Microsoft. I've heard it a few times and something about the license expiring. I know Microsoft doesn't call and when a product is up for...
  6. Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft

Scam: Someone called and claimed to be from Microsoft: I RANG PHONE NUMBER ON SCAM POP UP AND FOLLOWED SOME OF CALLERS INSTRUCTIONS WHAT SHALL I DO NOW [Original Title: SCAM FROM MICROSOFT] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-someone-called-and-claimed-to-be-from/ae27a278-6d64-4000-be70-f74c502a1da9
  7. Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft

Scam: Someone Called and Claimed to be From Microsoft: Just received call saying it was from Microsoft and that they were charging my account $299.00 for something. I have never ordered anything from Microsoft for $299.00 so just hung up. Just alerting that there is a telephone scam about Microsoft. [Original Title: Scam]...
  8. Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft

Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft: Yesterday, I received a call from a tech that said he was from Microsoft responding to a request for service. He performed a scan on my PC and found a Torpig Malware. He talked my into removing it and adding Microsoft 365 to my machine etc. He was from a company called...
  9. We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft: On Tuesday of this week (22 OCT) my wife received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft. They had left a message on our answering machine. She called (yes, I know) the number back. They appear to have wiped many of the desk top items from our computer as...
  10. Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft.: I received a call today from a person claiming to be from Microsoft. They were telling me that my service was going to be terminated in 48 hours because my ip address was compromised by several other countries. Please help me to look into this "problem" with my ip address....