Windows 10: Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server

Discus and support Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; ALERT: This e-mail was in my Junk folder. It purported to have a Microsoft sender's address. The "To" indicated only "Recipient". It went to my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ronnie L H, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server

ALERT: This e-mail was in my Junk folder. It purported to have a Microsoft sender's address. The "To" indicated only "Recipient". It went to my Junk folder as a possible phishing, and I have reported it from my Junk folder. My research didn't show anything similar, either at MS or elsewhere. Don't fall for it.

ATTN

Starting around 11:59pm tomorrow, we will be switching to a new SSL server using Microsoft 365 this changes will not affect any of your saved profile. Please read the quick list of important information in the confirmation email and make sure to follow the below details to keep your contact list and schedules saved on the new server: [I removed the "Click Here" for others' protection] to save your preferences to avoid loss of email delivery.

Note:Your email address remains the same, You cannot log into the old email system anymore after 12:00 PM tomorrow. You might loose saved data or incoming mails if this is not done promptly.

support

I wanted to be sure others are alerted and that MS has an opportunity to catch and stop it.

:)

Ronnie L H, Sep 3, 2018
  2. Newegg Win User

NewEgg Scam E-Mails

Newegg.com just became aware of a phishing e-mail scam disguised as an order confirmation e-mail. Newegg takes the security of customer information extremely seriously and wants to assure you these phishing e-mails are in no way affiliated with or originating from Newegg. We have taken immediate steps to verify no customer data has been breached and to inform the proper authorities. Rest assured your information is safe with us.

If you have received a suspect email, we strongly advise that you DO NOT respond, download or click any of the links on the e-mail. Please refer to our FAQ page for tips on how to identify and protect yourself against such attacks in the future:

Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at L: Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

Thank you.

Newegg.com

Newegg, Sep 3, 2018
  3. phishing scam?

Hi Marie,

There are different types of Phishing scam, and the one that you received might be probably a
    "Deceptive Phishing" or "System Reconfiguration Attacks". For you to prevent receiving a phishing email and to be more aware about scams, we suggest that you report it by following the steps on this
    link. There are tips as well on the said link on how to determine a phishing email.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server

configure Server Ports in Outlook e-mail app

I just updated the Outlook mail app and it seems that you can specify the servers and if they use SSL. Specifying SSL should set up the ports as you need them for AT&T

Add account
    Select advanced setup
    Select Internet email
    Select POP3
    make sure both Use SSL boxes are checked.

Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server [​IMG]

That should do it, I did not take it to the next step - I don't have AT&T as a provider *Wink

Slartybart, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server

1. Phishing / Scam E-mail re MS Changing SSL Server - Similar Threads - Phishing Scam mail

2. Phishing Scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phishing Scam: Hi team, Wondering what to do since I clicked on the link provided in this email. I entered my phone number and password. BUT I did change my outlook account password after I realized that it was a scam and did a virus scan which came up clean. I'm still concerned as I gave...
  3. Scam e mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam e mails: Ive received an e mail from this address Mail Admin <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> requesting I validate my hotmail account otherwise it will be shut down. Im assuming this is a scam but how do i report this as Ive had a few scam e mails in particular a...
  4. Scam e mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scam e mails: Ive received an e mail from this address Mail Admin <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> requesting I validate my hotmail account otherwise it will be shut down. Im assuming this is a scam but how do i report this as Ive had a few scam e mails in particular a...
  5. Scam e mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Scam E-mail?

Scam E-mail?: I received an e-mail saying it is my last notice before incoming messages will no longer be processed due to me failing to "verify my account". See below. Is this a scam/phishing attempt? Thanks for any help. [ATTACH]...
  7. e-mail scam

e-mail scam: I just need an e-mail address so I can send the scam mail I get. I'm sure Microsoft would like to know whos trying to bug there clients. This way when I get a bad e-mail I can forward to MSN for you to take whatever action you need to take to eradicate these crooks. An...
  8. Phishing scam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phishing scam: What is the Microsoft address to forward phishing scams to please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phishing-scam/c95d9a0e-0ae7-49b4-b3f8-3cea8a0f7c87
  9. Phishing scams.

Phishing scams.: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....
  10. phishing scam

phishing scam: Hi, I have been trying to stop without success all this phishing scam's. Now use a Firewall, VPN, Malwarebytes, but seems that i get More and More if i report the Phishing seems to latch on and send out to double which i get back. Why i really don't know and it frustrates....