Windows 10: Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up

Discus and support Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; On an Acre 5732Z Laptop running Windows 10 I have found that if I want to use devices plugged into the headphone or microphone sockets they need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by glcohen, Jan 21, 2020.

1. glcohen Win User

Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up

On an Acre 5732Z Laptop running Windows 10 I have found that if I want to use devices plugged into the headphone or microphone sockets they need to be plugged in before Windows is started. They then work correctly but if then unplugged are not seen by Windows when plugged in again. If the devices are not plugged in before Windows starts they then are not recognised after Windows starts.

A further oddity is that if Windows is started with the devices plugged in they can be plugged in and out as Windows goes through its startup without their lossing the reconnect ability. In other words if I have something inputing to the microphone port before Windows is started it can be heard on the headphone port when this is unplugged and re plugged up to the point when Windows has completed it startup.

So something seems to be happening in the final startup of windows which is inhibiting these ports.

Has anyone a solution ?

:)

glcohen, Jan 21, 2020

2. After Win10 Anniversary update the microphone stop working correctly

Since you have tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, we highly suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below to check and fix the microphone settings in Windows 10:

• Right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-right part of the screen.
    • Click on Recording Devices.
    • A list of Recording Devices will appear. Try speaking into your microphone, and see if there is any green bars rising next to one another while you talk.
    • If you don't see any green bars, skip to step 5. If you do see green bars when you talk into the microphone, but still doesn't work in some program, then that means that the microphone is correctly configured in Windows, but the program is listening to
      the wrong recording device. Try changing your program's settings.
    • Check if you can recognize which one of the devices in the list is your microphone. If you found it, click on it to highlight it, and then click
      Set Default.
    • Check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone. If you do, your microphone is now correctly setup. If not, continue to next step.
    • Double-click on the device that represents your microphone. The Microphone Properties window will appear. Click the
      Levels tab.
    • In the levels tab, drag the slider all the way to the right, until the number on the right says
    • Click OK.
    • Now check again if you see green bars rising when you talk into the microphone, if you do, your mic is now properly configured.
    • If you still don't see any bars, and you're not 100% sure which one of the devices is the relevant one, try following steps 5-10 for every device on the list.
    • If you still don't see any green bars, left-click inside the Recording tab and make sure that
      Show Disabled Devices has a tick next to it. If it doesn't, click on it to tick it.
    • This might add extra devices to the list. Perform steps 5-10 on those devices too, until you see the green bars when talking into the mic.
    • That's it, check if it works. If it doesn't, please try uninstalling your drivers and then letting Windows automatically reinstall them. This has helped many users.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Marivel Man, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up

microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up

1. Phone and Microphone sockets only working correctly as Windows 10 starts up - Similar Threads - Phone Microphone sockets

2. Microphone not working "Your Phone"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working "Your Phone": I have a samsung s22 Ultra which is connected with my Windows 11 machine using "Your Phone / Phone Link" app. I also have connected my mobile via bluetooth. Everything works just fine. But when I attend a call from system, I could hear the other party but they are not able to...
  3. Microphone not working "Your Phone"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working "Your Phone": I have a samsung s22 Ultra which is connected with my Windows 11 machine using "Your Phone / Phone Link" app. I also have connected my mobile via bluetooth. Everything works just fine. But when I attend a call from system, I could hear the other party but they are not able to...
  4. Windows not starting up correctly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not starting up correctly: Hey guys,Recently in the past weeks ive been having trouble with my PC as firstly when i start up my PC like usual, its opens the ASUS loading screen which it normally does than instead of proceeding to the windows login screen to ask for me to sign in. My monitor turns into...
  5. Windows 10 not starting up correctly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 not starting up correctly: Yesterday, while browsing the internet, windows told me that there were problems with my drive and i restarted to fix them but after "fixing c:", the computer restated and said "Fixing C:". After finishing it restarted and automatic repair kicked in but it "could't fix the...
  6. Microphone not working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working correctly: I've had this problem for months now, and it's become quite the issue considering I need a microphone for work now. Thankfully my laptop is still working, but I'm not sure how long that will last and it isn't a very convenient solution. Here's the deal: I have a gaming...
  7. USB Microphone on windows 8/10 not working correct

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Microphone on windows 8/10 not working correct: Hello, i have a very good microphone, a arcano black 01 usb. I used on my windows 7 and he was very good, no noise, with a quality very very good. But now i actualize for windows 10 e my microphone is a very bad, he recording so much noise, and my voice is very bad. So i...
  8. USB Microphone on windows 8/10 not working correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphone on windows 8/10 not working correct: Hello, i have a very good microphone, a arcano black 01 usb. I used on my windows 7 and he was very good, no noise, with a quality very very good. But now i actualize for windows 10 e my microphone is a very bad, he recording so much noise, and my voice is very bad. So i...
  9. Microphone not working after start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working after start up: Hello, my first sound card purchase was a success, wonderful sound and microphone worked. I slept and started my pc the next morning and microphone wasn't working. Only reinstalling the drivers will succeed in any kind of detection from the mic. Soundblaster Audigy RX SB1550...
  10. Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this a phone socket or ethernet socket ?: Hi. My brother in law has asked me if I can install broadband in his shed, he has shown me photos of the wired sockets he has but he is unsure what they are and I can't tell for sure from that pic. Could you tell me if that socket in the photo is for a ethernet plug or a...