Windows 10: Phone app / iphone with windows 10

Discus and support Phone app / iphone with windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed there is a phone app and also in settings phone where windows 10 offers to link up with your iPhone or Android. Does anyone know what it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Phone app / iphone with windows 10

I noticed there is a phone app and also in settings phone where windows 10 offers to link up with your iPhone or Android. Does anyone know what it does? Seems interesting as to what it’ll do but at the same time sounds risky. I’d be wary of it having a bad impact on my iPhone as Microsoft gets their claws into some kind of synchronisation. At the moment my iPad, iPhone and Mac work wonderfully in sync with each other updating photos, messages, contacts etc. Will bringing my windows 10 pc into the party be a recipe for disaster?

Primarily I use iMessage on my iphone and iPad for texts, does this mean imessages may be able to be sent from my windows 10 pc. Although if it means to maintain a sync that it all has to be done through the iOS cortana app then I will definetely give it a swerve as I prefer to use all the native iOS apps for things like messaging, mail etc

:)

Scottyboy99, Oct 30, 2017
  2. LCRT Win User

android app

android apps do not run on windows phones.

windows phones apps do not run on iphones.

iphone apps do not run on android phones.

etc

etc.

3. move photos from phone to pc

A. If you are using iPhone - You can use below guide to transfer pics from iphone to Windows 10 computer. There are 3 methods described here

1. Using File Explorer

2. Using Photos App

3. Using iCloud

https://www.imore.com/how-transfer-your-iphone-...

B. If you are using Android - You can use below guide to transfer pics from iphone to Windows 10 computer. There are 3 methods described here

1. Using Phone Companion app

2. Using Photos App

3. Using Cloud

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-move-your-ph...

You can also use Photos App to transfer pics

https://support.microsoft.com/kn-in/help/402713...

E for Excel, Oct 30, 2017
  4. Datapod Win User

Phone app / iphone with windows 10

How to Setup and Use Continue on PC for iOS with Windows 10

It basically let's you continue a Safari browsing session (and according to the linked article Twitter, which I don't use) on your PC.

AFAIK it doesn't link with iMessage or anything else.

I have it installed right now, just to try it out, and it does work. Using Safari on iPhone if I tap "continue on PC" the page I'm on does immediately pop up in Edge on my desktop. Since I primarily use Chrome on both and don't use any social media apps I don't really see this being useful for me and will probably be uninstalling it.

On the bright side after about a week of playing with it, it does not seem to have any performance impact on my phone, battery or my desktop. YMMV.

HTH
    D

Datapod, Oct 30, 2017
Thema:

Phone app / iphone with windows 10

1. Phone app / iphone with windows 10 - Similar Threads - Phone app iphone

2. iPhone not linking with Phone Link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone not linking with Phone Link app: I CAN'T CONNECT MY PHONE WITH MY LAPTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iphone-not-linking-with-phone-link-app/f42584c4-bfb2-40c5-96e9-59e2d606da94
  3. iPhone not linking with Phone Link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone not linking with Phone Link app: iPhone not linking with Phone Link app, I scan the QR code using the iphone app and it does nothing? Phone is paired with the computer using bluetooth. All I get in the iphone Link to Windows companion app is 'connecting'. It's been like this for 2+ weeks since the option...
  4. iPhone not linking with Phone Link app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iPhone not linking with Phone Link app: iPhone not linking with Phone Link app, I scan the QR code using the iphone app and it does nothing? Phone is paired with the computer using bluetooth. All I get in the iphone Link to Windows companion app is 'connecting'. It's been like this for 2+ weeks since the option...
  5. iPhone not linking with Phone Link app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone not linking with Phone Link app.: So first to point out, Im still using windows 10, and I have been wanting to use the Phone Link App to pair and sync with my iPhone.However, everytime I try to scan the QR code that pops up when I check off that I have the app ready, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing...
  6. iPhone not linking with Phone Link app.

iPhone not linking with Phone Link app.: So first to point out, Im still using windows 10, and I have been wanting to use the Phone Link App to pair and sync with my iPhone.However, everytime I try to scan the QR code that pops up when I check off that I have the app ready, nothing happens. Absolutely nothing...
  7. Your Phone App and iPhone

Your Phone App and iPhone: I understand that iPhones are not supported for the Your Phone App using any Windows OS including 11. Is there going to be any support or development or the iPhone to be used with the Your Phone App? If so when can expect to see it available? I already have an Android and its...
  8. Your Phone App and iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App and iPhone: I understand that iPhones are not supported for the Your Phone App using any Windows OS including 11. Is there going to be any support or development or the iPhone to be used with the Your Phone App? If so when can expect to see it available? I already have an Android and its...
  9. Your Phone App and Iphone

Your Phone App and Iphone: Is there any plans to have the Your Phone App available to IPhone users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-and-iphone/62595199-9b27-464f-9308-0eab58c74d27
  10. W10--Your Phone app--iPhone

in Cortana
    W10--Your Phone app--iPhone: OK, supposedly the Your Phone app can now deal with iPhones. I have an iPhone 6L. So, I ran the app and was able to link my Iphone with my PC. I d/l the Edge and Cortana apps to my iPhone. I can send an Edge page from my iPhone to my PC. But what I really want to do is view...