Windows 10: phone as hotspot

Discus and support phone as hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; slow connection with phone as hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-as-hotspot/70602dac-17d7-45bd-80d2-8f40ec9379f2 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loncatZB, Jun 3, 2021.

1. loncatZB Win User

phone as hotspot

slow connection with phone as hotspot

:)

loncatZB, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows not discovering mobile hotspot

I think you have already answered both of the other points I would have checked so I have nothing else useful to suggest -
    - Your computer can detect other 2.4GHz networks/hotspots
    - Other computers can detect your phone's 2.4GHz hotspot

I have deliberately altered some Windows settings to hide unwanted local networks [not just stop any connection to them but hide them from appearing in the list of available networks]. But you have not been taking similar measures or you would have said so.

As a final check, see if your phone's mobile hotspot appears in the list of detected networks using
    NirSoft WiFiInfoView

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Jun 3, 2021
  3. How do I share PDAnet USB internet connection via Windows Hotspot?

So here's what you do:

1. turn on actual mobile hotspot (the one on your phone)
    2. connect PC to it
    3. bottom right of Windows is the notifications button, click it and hit mobile hotspot, it won't be greyed out anymore.
    4. leave the PC hotspot on while turning off the phone's mobile hotspot
    5. teather phone to PC (PDAnet, foxfi, whatever)
    6. bask in glorious Wi-Fi

This used to be about 10 steps longer but I've simplified it. 
    I'll update if I find an easier way.

Steven Madden, Jun 3, 2021
  4. phone as hotspot

Mobile Hotspot

We appreciate that you have tried the suggested steps above. Have you tried to connect other devices to the mobile hotspot on your PC?

Since the issue is still the same, we suggest that you uninstall/reinstall the network adapter driver and check if this will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.

We can also update the network adapter driver. Skip step 3 from the above steps and right click on the device and click on update.

Feel free to post back for any updates.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

phone as hotspot

1. phone as hotspot - Similar Threads - phone hotspot

2. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  3. Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to connect to my phone's hotspot it keeps redirecting me to this site...: there was a question asked like this but it didn't solve the problem. i have already restarted the network settings. if someone could help that would be great....
  4. Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Wi-Fi on PC, Faster on Phone's Hotspot Despite Same Router Connection: I'm using network adapter. I'm experiencing slow Wi-Fi connection on my PC when connected to my router, but the connection is faster when I use my phone's hotspot, even though both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network from the router. Any insights on why this might...
  5. Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue: Hi Team, Hrithik Bhardwaj this side… I am facing some issue to connect my laptop with my phone network. I have lenovo laptop and trying to connect with my phone oppo A3s it is connected but it showing No internet, secured and I almost did all the steps to troubleshoot this...
  6. Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue

Trying to connect my pc with phone hotspot facing issue: Hi Team, Hrithik Bhardwaj this side… I am facing some issue to connect my laptop with my phone network. I have lenovo laptop and trying to connect with my phone oppo A3s it is connected but it showing No internet, secured and I almost did all the steps to troubleshoot this...
  7. Phone hotspot connected but have no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone hotspot connected but have no internet: HelloI have a problem where my laptop Nitro AN515-52 connected to the phone hotspot iphone 15 pro but show as no internet and I can't use the internet. This never happened before and I used this hotspot frequently before this.I am not sure is this a phone or laptop problem,...
  8. Phone hotspot connected but have no internet

Phone hotspot connected but have no internet: HelloI have a problem where my laptop Nitro AN515-52 connected to the phone hotspot iphone 15 pro but show as no internet and I can't use the internet. This never happened before and I used this hotspot frequently before this.I am not sure is this a phone or laptop problem,...
  9. Computer connecting to phone hotspot but says "cant connect to this network" for my home wi-fi?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer connecting to phone hotspot but says "cant connect to this network" for my home wi-fi?: So after disconnecting randomly while in a game match my computer now will not connect to my home wifi no matter what I do to try and fix it.my wifi adapter says its working fine i've updated its drivers and I can still connect to my phone it just wont connect to my wifi,I...
  10. Computer connecting to phone hotspot but says "cant connect to this network" for my home wi-fi?

Computer connecting to phone hotspot but says "cant connect to this network" for my home wi-fi?: So after disconnecting randomly while in a game match my computer now will not connect to my home wifi no matter what I do to try and fix it.my wifi adapter says its working fine i've updated its drivers and I can still connect to my phone it just wont connect to my wifi,I...