Windows 10: phone call claiming to be Microsoft

Discus and support phone call claiming to be Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; At 2:12pm today, 10/23/2018, I received a phone call with message only on it stating they were Microsoft and that they want to refund our money as they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PilgrimLutheran, Oct 23, 2018.

1. phone call claiming to be Microsoft

At 2:12pm today, 10/23/2018, I received a phone call with message only on it stating they were Microsoft and that they want to refund our money as they are shutting down. The number calling was 866-978-7102 toll free and they asked that I call back using number 866-978-8970. I'm sure this is a scam so want to report it so that anyone else receiving these phone calls do not try and call the number back.

:)

PilgrimLutheran, Oct 23, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

phone call claiming to be Microsoft

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

phone call claiming to be Microsoft

1. phone call claiming to be Microsoft - Similar Threads - phone call claiming

2. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  3. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  4. just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just got a phone call claiming to be microsoft saying my computer was compromised: they kept telling me that thay had been sending reports to my admin account and that my system was compromised i hung up twice and they called back each time i got thier phoe number it is 01635579756 is this legit...
  5. Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Phone call claiming to be Windows Maintenance, is this a scam?: In 2012 there was a discussion topic re calls from Microsoft Windows Computer Maintenance Department. These calls have re-appeared lately july 2021, we get several a day. Obviously these calls are a scam. Now I wonder if they can be counter attacked, or at least played with....
  6. Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Repeat recorded phone calls claiming to be frrom Microsoft & Windows demanding payment of...: I keep getting recorded phone calls from supposedly Microsoft and Windows demanding a payment of $299.00 for a Windows key and Microsoft problem solving or they will debit my bank account. I feel this is a scam and would like to hear from the community. Thank you! Margarete...
  7. Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft

Someone called and claim to be from Microsoft: Yesterday, I received a call from a tech that said he was from Microsoft responding to a request for service. He performed a scan on my PC and found a Torpig Malware. He talked my into removing it and adding Microsoft 365 to my machine etc. He was from a company called...
  8. We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft

We received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft: On Tuesday of this week (22 OCT) my wife received a phone call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft. They had left a message on our answering machine. She called (yes, I know) the number back. They appear to have wiped many of the desk top items from our computer as...
  9. Microsoft phone call?

Microsoft phone call?: So I got a call from some guy with a thick accent that I could hardly understand today. As near as I could figure he was calling from Microsoft about some sort of security violation and he wanted me to go to some website that would allow him to remotely access my computer....
  10. Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scam Calls Claiming To Be From Microsoft: I have gotten several calls, from an individual with a foreign accent, regarding "issues" with my Windows, and of course have hung up on theses calls. Today, I received a different approach: "I am calling from Microsoft (foreign accent). The company that fixed your computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. telephone call claiming to be microsoft neeed to change

2. phone call claiming to be microsoft

3. microsoft message shutting down my ip address in 48 hours

4. phone calls claiming to be from microsoft