Windows 10: Phone call

Discus and support Phone call in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just received a call from " Microsoft Office" saying that my computer was causing viruses on Microsoft's main frame computer.The voice initially was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DavidBrockenshaw, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Phone call

I just received a call from " Microsoft Office" saying that my computer was causing viruses on Microsoft's main frame computer.The voice initially was from a woman who had a Pakistan/Indian accent then she transferred me to a man who asked me to reboot my computer and foll his instructions to prove to me the problem. He said he had the identity of my computer to prove he was not a hacker .I got my computer Device ID on screen and he started to give me a different number as my computer and I told him it was not the same as I had on my screen at which point he said my computer would be shut down from Microsoft in 1 hour and told me to "F....k off" Is this really Microsoft staff policy or was he a hacker?Scammer trying to get into my computer?

:)

DavidBrockenshaw, Nov 19, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Phone call

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Phone call

1. Phone call - Similar Threads - Phone call

2. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  3. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audo not woking with phone calls through windows link: audo not woking with phone calls through windows link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audo-not-woking-with-phone-calls-through-windows/d5e7b28e-ce18-4e8c-a6ac-670dddcb9b95
  4. audo not woking with phone calls through windows link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  6. Phone call by Microsoft

Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  7. Phone call by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...: The suppose MS employee stated that someone in Canada at 178.249.214.210 ip had requested to change the phone number on my account, and they were calling to validate the request. I stated that it was not me, then they wanted to validate that I was who I said I was. So they...
  9. Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...

Received a phone call from 757525-3477, how can I determine that it is from a Microsoft...: The suppose MS employee stated that someone in Canada at 178.249.214.210 ip had requested to change the phone number on my account, and they were calling to validate the request. I stated that it was not me, then they wanted to validate that I was who I said I was. So they...
  10. Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out message from Microsoft? Do you have a phone line I can call please?: My other computer has been lock out reportedly by Microsoft. Do you have a number I can ring to get advice please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-message-from-microsoft-do-you-have-a/714b1260-82b1-43ec-b6ff-8b5264712ab4