Windows 10: phone calls about MICROSOFT closing

Discus and support phone calls about MICROSOFT closing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MerlinGerow, Jun 21, 2019.

1. phone calls about MICROSOFT closing

I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this and the man kept saying it all legitimate. I refused to do this and he told me to f... off and hung up. Then he called back 3-5 times. My bank said it sounds like a scam and not to do it. Has this happened to others.

:)

MerlinGerow, Jun 21, 2019
  2. ste2425 Win User

Another phone call scam pretending to be Microsoft

A thread was posted on another forum I frequent about a phone call scam where they claim to be Microsoft and ask you install some things to repair the security breach they've detected.

Thought id post the number used here to make you guys n gals aware in case you get a phone call.

number is : 0203 286 9239
    Apparently the lad who started the thread Googled it and its a 'Cost Trap'.

Thread is here (I realise it's against the rules but due to its nature thought it might be helpful. Pm me if not and ill remove it.) :

Just had a phone call....... - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

So yea, Heads up.

Shame we don't have some form of list of all these numbers, I bet people on here get it quite often.

ste2425, Jun 21, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

phone calls about MICROSOFT closing

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

phone calls about MICROSOFT closing

1. phone calls about MICROSOFT closing - Similar Threads - phone calls MICROSOFT

2. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  3. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  4. Phone call by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Phone Link Closing When Making Calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Closing When Making Calls: Since updating to Windows 11, and the Phone Companion app updating to Phone Link, I can no longer use it to make or receive calls. I have updated the Phone Link and the Link to Windows app for Android to the latest versions, cleared the cache and user data on the device,...
  6. Phone Link Closing When Making Calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link Closing When Making Calls: Since updating to Windows 11, and the Phone Companion app updating to Phone Link, I can no longer use it to make or receive calls. I have updated the Phone Link and the Link to Windows app for Android to the latest versions, cleared the cache and user data on the device,...
  7. Microsoft Phone Call

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Phone Call: I have had 3 calls this morning on a recorded voice that my microsoft license will be locked in the next 24 hours. When I press 1 as indicated the call hangs up. Is this truly a microsoft call?...
  8. Microsoft phone call?

Microsoft phone call?: So I got a call from some guy with a thick accent that I could hardly understand today. As near as I could figure he was calling from Microsoft about some sort of security violation and he wanted me to go to some website that would allow him to remotely access my computer....
  9. Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?

Phone calls about MICROSOFT closing. Is this a scam?: I keep receiving calls from someone saying that my MS account is expiring and they are going to deduct 499.00 from my bank account or if I open my bank account they will refund my initial 299.95 by transferring from a CHASE account to my bank account. I refused to do this...
  10. Phone calls about IP address compromised.

Phone calls about IP address compromised.: Should I be concerned if I keep getting phone calls from Microsoft telling me my IP address has been compromised by foreigners and to press 1 for help? I hang up but the calls are coming from my landline to my cell....