Windows 10: Phone calls RE: Microsoft License

Discus and support Phone calls RE: Microsoft License in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am receiving calls from an automated system advising that it is an emergency that I call a toll free # because my Microsoft License has expired & my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MoMac423, Feb 17, 2019.

1. MoMac423 Win User

Phone calls RE: Microsoft License

I am receiving calls from an automated system advising that it is an emergency that I call a toll free # because my Microsoft License has expired & my computer will be shut down & I will not be able to use it? First of all is this legit. Secondly I didn't know there was a license and why doesn't Microsoft contact you through email so you know who you are dealing with?

:)

MoMac423, Feb 17, 2019
  2. ste2425 Win User

Another phone call scam pretending to be Microsoft

A thread was posted on another forum I frequent about a phone call scam where they claim to be Microsoft and ask you install some things to repair the security breach they've detected.

Thought id post the number used here to make you guys n gals aware in case you get a phone call.

number is : 0203 286 9239
    Apparently the lad who started the thread Googled it and its a 'Cost Trap'.

Thread is here (I realise it's against the rules but due to its nature thought it might be helpful. Pm me if not and ill remove it.) :

Just had a phone call....... - Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum

So yea, Heads up.

Shame we don't have some form of list of all these numbers, I bet people on here get it quite often.

ste2425, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    Bogus "Microsoft" Telephone calls

Answering those calls or even letting the answering machine get it just confirms that there is a person at that number.

MS will never call you about licensing, infections, etc.

I downloaded the sound of a fax machine connecting. When I get a number from out of state or something I don't recognize, I pick up the phone & play that (I keep the MP3 file of that sound on my desktop for just that purpose).

The machine that dials those calls will usually recognize that sound & list the phone number as a fax number & take it off the list. Since I started doing this, our spam calls have dropped by about 70%.

The "do not call" list has done no good & there are too many loopholes for companies to use.

Borg 386, Feb 17, 2019
  4. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Phone calls RE: Microsoft License - Similar Threads - Phone calls Microsoft

2. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  3. Phone call by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone call by Microsoft: Hello,Yesterday I received a phone call from the UK. Didn’t answer and a minute later I received another phone call from a local number.The person, identified as Miller, said that he was a microsoft technician and asked me to write down a special code. That code was the proof...
  4. Phone call by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Microsoft Phone Call

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Phone Call: I have had 3 calls this morning on a recorded voice that my microsoft license will be locked in the next 24 hours. When I press 1 as indicated the call hangs up. Is this truly a microsoft call?...
  6. Microsoft phone call?

Microsoft phone call?: So I got a call from some guy with a thick accent that I could hardly understand today. As near as I could figure he was calling from Microsoft about some sort of security violation and he wanted me to go to some website that would allow him to remotely access my computer....
  7. phone calls my license is expiring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    phone calls my license is expiring: Has anyone been getting a lot, I mean a lot of phone calls from people telling you your license is expiring and you need to talk to another person and please press 1. The caller ID is my phone number and I've tried to talk to the person after pressing 1, but on and on it...
  8. Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call

Microsoft Licensing Termination Phishing scam - Phone Call: Today I have already received two calls originating from my Voicemail telling me that my Microsoft account and licensing agreement was going to be terminated because my URL has been compromised in several countries. Just wanted to put it up here in case it happens to anyone...
  9. Phone-call from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone-call from Microsoft?: Yesterday I received a phone-call from "Microsoft" about a so-called computer problem. The caller ID was 0011055474272. I disconnected because I assumed it was a scam. I do not believe Microsoft makes personal calls to users or consumers. For this post I chose "Windows...
  10. Phone call re: Suspended Account

Phone call re: Suspended Account: I received a phone call saying that my Microsoft account was suspended. However, I just logged on to this site. Is the phone call legit or is it a scam?...