Windows 10: Phone Companion uninstall?

Discus and support Phone Companion uninstall? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have another thread going on in the security subforum about CompanionApp.exe connecting to a remote IP in the background when I'm not using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Smiley1, May 11, 2016.

1. Smiley1 Win User

Phone Companion uninstall?

Hi,

I have another thread going on in the security subforum about CompanionApp.exe connecting to a remote IP in the background when I'm not using the app.
    The app seems to just run at random intervals. I don't use it. I first became aware of it once when I was trying to connect an iPhone to iTunes and it wouldn't let me connect the phone to iTunes. I ended up having to remove the phone as a device and let Windows see and install it again. After that, iTunes was able to see the iphone and all worked as I wanted it to. Now when I look at my network connections in my firewall settings, I see CompanionApp.exe running and connecting to a remote IP. That turns out to be Akamai, which I don't much like either.

I don't see any way to stop Phone Companion from running like this. So far, I don't use it and I don't want it. I am considering uninstalling it if it can't just sit back and remain dormant unless I actually call upon it to do something. Would there be any downside to uninstalling it? I don't want to run into a situation where the removal of Phone Companion takes with it some files that other programs might need in order to run properly.

Edited to add that I have just reported this app's behaviour to Microsoft...I mean, the random running in the background and connecting to remote IP addresses.

:)

Smiley1, May 11, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, May 11, 2016
  3. Has anyone been able to get phone companion to work

Hi,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Phone companion app and check if you are facing the issue

To uninstall the phone companion app please follow the steps below:

• Type phone companion in the
      search
      box.

• Right click on
      phone companion
      and click on uninstall.

Once it is uninstalled, you can reinstall it from windows store.

You can refer the article below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-phone-companion/9wzdncrfj3pm

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 11, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, May 11, 2016
  5. csmdew Win User
    What cmd would use to install this app, thanks.

csmdew, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Phone Companion uninstall? - Similar Threads - Phone Companion uninstall

2. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Companion: Good morningThe your phone companion on my windows 10 has become unusable as it continues to shut down every 10-15 seconds please help as it work 2 months agoRegardsRon Lanham...
  3. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Companion: Good morningThe your phone companion on my windows 10 has become unusable as it continues to shut down every 10-15 seconds please help as it work 2 months agoRegardsRon Lanham...
  4. Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Companion: Good morning. I would like to delete the Phone Companion from my laptop. Would appreciate advice on how to do it. Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion/b3e43493-32be-40f4-ad82-bb304829feea
  5. Phone Companion

Phone Companion: Good morning. I would like to delete the Phone Companion from my laptop. Would appreciate advice on how to do it. Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion/b3e43493-32be-40f4-ad82-bb304829feea
  6. Your Phone Companion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone Companion: I have the YOUR PHONE app on my computer that syncs with my phone for sending / receiving SMS. As of a few days ago it stopped synchronising and on the phone I get a message saying it's disconnected. However, when I click the cog button on my phone nothing happens. Likewise,...
  7. Phone companion/Your phone.

Phone companion/Your phone.: Following situation: Windows 10 PC with 1909 installed, and Your Phone app YPC properly installed. Android Phone Moto G6 with MS YPC installed. All settings set according to MS: Bluetooth etc., etc. In W 10 Settings > Phone shows that the phone is linked: Moto G6. The W 10...
  8. Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Phone Companion: I am running the phone companion on my phone and Surface the two devices are Linked. It says I can use my mobile data and not wifi I turned it on in the app but now what? What do I connect to or how to set it up?...
  9. Phone companion app

Phone companion app: I need to download the Phone Companion App for windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-companion-app/02c568df-703c-4d09-a65c-be3bfc1f1650
  10. Phone Companion not open

Phone Companion not open: When I try and open the Phone Companion on my laptop I get the splash screen for about a second then it closes and nothing else. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. On my other Windows 10 PC it works fine, also 64 bit version 1511 I have 64 bit latest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 how to remove phone companion