Windows 10: Phone companion/Your phone.

Discus and support Phone companion/Your phone. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Following situation: Windows 10 PC with 1909 installed, and Your Phone app YPC properly installed. Android Phone Moto G6 with MS YPC installed. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NVFOX, Feb 18, 2020.

1. NVFOX Win User

Phone companion/Your phone.

Following situation: Windows 10 PC with 1909 installed, and Your Phone app YPC properly installed.

Android Phone Moto G6 with MS YPC installed. All settings set according to MS: Bluetooth etc., etc.

In W 10 Settings > Phone shows that the phone is linked: Moto G6. The W 10 YPC even shows the phone with name.

In the W10 YPC it shows Notifications, messages, Photos and Calls. However, on the right side of the call list is a panel that says Connect your phone and PC. Underneath this is a box with CONNECT. Clicking on it tries to connect. The phone is a few inches away and Focus assist Is OFF as required. The connection fails each time I try it. I went through the recommended troubleshoot link below but all settings are correct. If it would connect correctly, a dial pad appears in that right panel to start phone calls.

I even uninstalled everything from both devices and reinstalled it, but the described problem remains. There is nothing wrong with my MS Account either. I also went through all sorts of advice on various websites, no success at all.

I suspect that there is some sort of a little thing I might have overlooked, but I went through everything several times, no success. On the other hand, why do I get all messages, Photos, and Notifications as well all calls displayed from the phone???? I really do not understand what is going on here.

I looked into Event viewer and it shows that I tried 33 times to connect: Event ID 12 with this message:Failure to write an application setting for package Microsoft.YourPhone_8wekyb3d8bbwe. Error Code: -2147023878. Not very helpful to determine where and what happens.

Is there any explanation for this issue.

:)

NVFOX, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Your Phone Companion issues

Trying to send attachment with Your Phone, won't go...

Phone companion/Your phone. [​IMG]

... send it via Google Messages, goes immediately...

... the Messages attachment shows up...

... but Your Phone still can't send it!!! *Confused

Edwin, Feb 18, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Hands on with 'Phone Companion' app, hub to syncing with Windows 10

Read more: Hands on with Microsofts Phone Companion app, your hub to syncing with Windows 10

Brink, Feb 18, 2020
  4. kludge Win User

Files on phone

Thanks for the response! Samsung Note 4, there is no error. As soon as I connect it via USB, a nag screen for Microsoft's Phone Companion pops up, it shows both the phone and SD card as empty. A second later, "Add your Microsoft Account", pops over it. I X out of that leaving the nag screen showing my Phone by name and level of charge along with "To see more info, unlock your phone." (It's not locked). This nag screen is prompting me to install Phone Companion. The phone is listed in File Explorer with no folders showing.

kludge, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Phone companion/Your phone. - Similar Threads - Phone companion phone

2. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone Companion: Good morningThe your phone companion on my windows 10 has become unusable as it continues to shut down every 10-15 seconds please help as it work 2 months agoRegardsRon Lanham...
  3. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone Companion: Good morningThe your phone companion on my windows 10 has become unusable as it continues to shut down every 10-15 seconds please help as it work 2 months agoRegardsRon Lanham...
  4. Your Phone Companion

Your Phone Companion: Your Phone Companionwill not load. It will not reinstall and I can't uninstall it on Windows 10. Tried repair and reset with no results. Do not want to reset computer as I would lose to many programs. Acer had restore points turned off. Help please...
  5. Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps

Your Phone/ Your Phone Companion apps: HiLooking for adviceI don't really know what s really happening but I cannot connect Your Phone app PC to My Phone Companion Nokia 2.4. Basically, I cannot connect those devices via Your Phone app. They don't receive the notifications to connect. I am connected for both...
  6. Your Phone Companion

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone Companion: I have the YOUR PHONE app on my computer that syncs with my phone for sending / receiving SMS. As of a few days ago it stopped synchronising and on the phone I get a message saying it's disconnected. However, when I click the cog button on my phone nothing happens. Likewise,...
  7. your phone companion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    your phone companion: does anyone know how to call in private mode with your phone companion submitted by /u/fasterthen5gaysnails [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ett7/your_phone_companion/
  8. Your Phone Companion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Your Phone Companion: I installed the phone companion on my Galaxy S8 and the PC to be able to make calls from the PC. My cell phone says connected to your PC and so does the PC; however in the your Phone companion app on the PC it says this feature dosent work with your PC. Tried the...
  9. Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App

Your Phone Companion / Your Phone App: Hi I just recently downloaded the Your Phone App on the Microsoft store and the Your Phone Companion on my android. It works as I need it to but my computer will only sync when it is plugged into a power source. I am often on the go without plugging in my computer and was...
  10. your phone companion

your phone companion: i have a text message on my your phone companion on my lap top but i deleted it on my mobile how do i clear it as it still shows up as an un read text on my phone and on my lap top...