Windows 10: phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's

Discus and support phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My iphone 11 connected to my PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than my PC's internet speed. I get about 900Mbps on my pc which is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SamMundy, Apr 9, 2021.

1. SamMundy Win User

phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's

My iphone 11 connected to my PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than my PC's internet speed.

I get about 900Mbps on my pc which is connected via ethernet, and i use it to mobile hotspot my phone, which only reaches about 70Mbps when connected to said hotspot.

Also, i connected my Oculus Quest 2 to the hotspot and it also said the connection was slower than required to stream VR.

Is there settings on my pc limiting the speed or is it the Network card needing an upgrade?

:)

SamMundy, Apr 9, 2021

2. How do I share PDAnet USB internet connection via Windows Hotspot?

So here's what you do:

1. turn on actual mobile hotspot (the one on your phone)
    2. connect PC to it
    3. bottom right of Windows is the notifications button, click it and hit mobile hotspot, it won't be greyed out anymore.
    4. leave the PC hotspot on while turning off the phone's mobile hotspot
    5. teather phone to PC (PDAnet, foxfi, whatever)
    6. bask in glorious Wi-Fi

This used to be about 10 steps longer but I've simplified it. 
    I'll update if I find an easier way.

Steven Madden, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Thaijhan Win User
    Mobile hotspot connected to PC but not browsing

Good day, please my mobile hotspot is connected to my PC but it doesn't browse any site.

However when i use another mobile hotspot from other phones to connect to my PC, it will browse, likewise when i connected my mobile hotspot to another PC it will also browse the internet.

The issue now is the connection between my phone and my PC.

Please i need your answers.

Thanks.

Thaijhan, Apr 9, 2021
  4. TSee Win User

phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's

Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone

At work, I use the 'Wifi Mobile Hotspot' to connect my phone to the internet, off the PC which is running Windows 10. It has been working fine for years. Then, one day my phone stops connecting to the internet, even though it picks up the computer's hotspot and the internet is working fine on the computer and the mobile hotspot is enabled. See screenshot. What could have happened? I didn't make any changes to the wifi settings but there is someone else who has access to this computer who may have done something mysterious! Unlikely though.
    Thanks in advance phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's :)

TSee, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

1. phone connected to PC's mobile hotspot has a much slower internet speed than PC's - Similar Threads - phone connected PC's

2. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  3. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.: Whenever I run a speed test I get around 50-70 Mbps on my PC while everything else is on around 140-150, I have tried every troubleshooting method provided by Microsoft from cmd prompt commands, installing my drivers, updating them, disabling firewalls, moving my PC and...
  4. My pc has a much slower and unstable internet connection than the rest of my devices.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile: I've recently had changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifileft is my pc and...
  6. windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile

windows pc wifi speed is significanly slower than mobile: I've recently had changed my router to accomodate higher speeds but for some reason my pc is slower than my phone in terms of wifi.. specifically about 86 times slower...does anyone know what is causing this? both screenshots are from the same time and wifileft is my pc and...
  7. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  8. My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...

My mobile phone internet speed is 300mbps. When I connect my pc with my phone's hotspot the...: I have a 5g internet connection on my mobile phone, the internet speed is up to 350Mbps on my mobile. When I am connecting my pc to my mobile phone using wifi then my pc shows 40Mbps speed. However, when I connect using USB threading the speed is 350Mbps. My motherboard...
  9. Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone

Mobile hotspot has no internet connection on phone: My laptop is connected to my uni's ethernet network via a cable. I want to use mobile hotspot to connect my phone to that network as well, but when I try to connect, it says that hotspot has no internet connection. My laptop can connect to the internet, but my phone can't. In...
  10. Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload

Gigabit Internet Download Speed Much Slower Than Upload: Three weeks ago, I had Gigabit FIOS installed, but I have never been able to get gigabit speeds going both ways. I always get 900+ Mbps UPLOAD but never more than 300 Mbps DOWNLOAD. But, I get 900/900+ Mbps between the Router and the Server every time, *AND*, here's the...