Windows 10: Phone doesnt see my laptop as miracast device (Microsoft Connect)

Discus and support Phone doesnt see my laptop as miracast device (Microsoft Connect) in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Im currently using Windows 10 Version 1809. I am trying to cast to my laptop using my phone. This works on my older laptop, but my new laptop never... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MickuChan, Feb 18, 2019.

1. MickuChan Win User

Phone doesnt see my laptop as miracast device (Microsoft Connect)

Im currently using Windows 10 Version 1809. I am trying to cast to my laptop using my phone. This works on my older laptop, but my new laptop never shows up on the list on my phone. I can connect to different pc's from my laptop.

I think it has to do with the fact that the connect app on my laptop is a beta version. It is verion 10.0.17763.1 (Beta release). After searching the internet and pulling my hairs out, i can't really seem to find a way to roll back to a normal version. I never asked to get a beta version on my laptop, but it still happened. I cant delete the app, and i cant find a download for the app.

I also am sure my laptop supports miracast, my 2nd intel i5 does, my 8th gen i7 must do so too. Also it says its ready for casting.

greets

:)

MickuChan, Feb 18, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 18, 2019
  3. miracast

Hi there Alainpraet!

Step 1: If your TV comes with built-in Miracast support, then turn it On. ...

Step 2: Now on your Windows PC, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Devices -> Connected Devices.

Step 3: Click on 'Add a Device' and wait for the adapter to appear in the list.

Now try to connect.

SonGoku'sSon, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Anton Fan Win User

Miracast over Ethernet PC to Wi-Fi Laptop

I'm facing with the issue by 'Miracast over infrastructure' feature. I nave read a plenty of posts over the Internet enabling integrated graphics and updating every driver related to this feature.

The idea is to share laptop display as secondary display for PC. Here is the infrastructure for connection:

PC (Miracast Source) - Gigabit LAN - Router Asus RT-AC68U - 5GHz WLAN - Laptop Asus UX501VW (Miracast Sink).

The laptop is Miracast ready so there is no need to display the specs at this step.

Turning to my self-built PC it's "This device doesn't support receiving miracast" in "Projecting to this PC" tab.

The specs of my PC are:

• GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 (driver 398.36) and specially enabled Intel HD Graphics 530
      (driver 23.20.16.4973);
    • Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming with onboard LAN;
    • CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K;
    • Windows 10 Pro 1803 (17134.137 build).
    The DXDIAG report shows that PC is Miracast-ready in general, but:

1. Nvidia GTX 1080 stands for [Miracast: Not Supported]
    2. Intel HD Graphics 530 stands for [Miracast: Not Supported by WiFi driver].
    What is basically true as well as there is no WLAN card in my PC box in general. So there is a question about the steps to allow the wired network work with Miracast feature by configuring PC/router, because there is only some technical stuff about 'Miracast
    over infrastructure' like
    this

Speaking about requirements stated there:

• [+] Device is running Windows 1803;
    • [+] Both PC and laptop are connected to same network stated as Private;
    • [?] The device must have a Wi-Fi interface enabled in order to respond to discovery requests -
      What shall I do with my Ethernet connection to respond to discovery requests?
    Both PC and laptop are visible for each other in Network tab in File manager, so there are several folders under network share from PC to laptop using smb protocol.

So basically, is it technically possible to enable the 'Miracast over infrastructure' with this hardware, or there is a strong need to buy the WLAN card inside my PC box to allow the respond to discovery requests and
    the is no way to work for Miracast over wired connections?

Anton Fan, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Phone doesnt see my laptop as miracast device (Microsoft Connect) - Similar Threads - Phone doesnt laptop

2. how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast: i suddenly got notified that my device doesnt support miracast. before this its working perfectly. what should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-repair-my-device-that-doesnt-support/0d061f86-dccd-41f3-9f81-32b6aa4d3133
  3. how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i repair my device that doesnt support miracast: i suddenly got notified that my device doesnt support miracast. before this its working perfectly. what should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-repair-my-device-that-doesnt-support/0d061f86-dccd-41f3-9f81-32b6aa4d3133
  4. In-built miracast vs Microsoft Wireless Device?

In-built miracast vs Microsoft Wireless Device?: Hello, Unfortunately even having a high speed network and WiFi which is in separate channel the performance of Miracast is very poor.I'd like to ask if I buy Microsoft dedicated device then I get some performance improvement?Is the inbuilt system Miracast on a typical laptop...
  5. Unable to connect to any Miracast devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect to any Miracast devices: I've got several Miracast devices in my organisation. All Microsoft Wireless display adapters.One month ago one of my machines stopped being able to connect to any of these displays.I press windows +K, select a device, It prompts for a PIN, then just says unable to connect...
  6. connecting my phone to my laptop

connecting my phone to my laptop: i cant get the notification on my phone to confirm the linkin, everything in the trouble shoot page has been checked and everything is perfect, i even factory reset my phone, logged out and in on my laptop but nothing works...
  7. Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone)

Your Phone can't see my Bluetooth (connected Phone): [img] Hi All, The attached screenshot says it all. I have a Huawei Mate 10 android phone bluetooth connected to my Windows 10 machine. The "Your Phone" app has connected to the phone but claims that my PC has no bluetooth. I have dragged my bluetooth devices window...
  8. Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Miracast no longer connects to devices, Windows 10: I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10. After reinstalling everything else back I attempted to cast to my Roku but couldn't. Then I tried to connect to my routers admin gui and again, couldn't. I couldn't connect to the admin on my home router or my mobile hotspot....
  9. Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this...

Windows 10 can't see or detect a bluetooth device. My phone and ipod connects to this...: I cant see or detect a bluetooth device on my windows 10 laptop. I have no problem seeing other bluetooth devices and connecting to them on my laptop. I can connect to this bluetooth device via my phone and ipod touch so there is no problem seeing the device on those...
  10. Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone: How to: Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone How to Connect to a Wireless Display with Miracast on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Miracast is a wireless technology your Windows 10 Mobile phone can use to project your screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. miracast device doesnt see PC

2. miracast to laptop phone doesnt have a menu in cast

3. cant find miracast device on phone

4. microsoft connect app version 10.0.17763.1,
  5. hardware for miracast in windows 10 version 10.0.17763.1 beta