Windows 10: Phone fraud posing as Microsoft

Discus and support Phone fraud posing as Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I need help, I have a problem! Yesterday I received an incoming call from this phone number - 716 795 7995. The caller's name is Bob Foster saying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SandraCramer1, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Phone fraud posing as Microsoft

Hi, I need help, I have a problem! Yesterday I received an incoming call from this phone number - 716 795 7995. The caller's name is Bob Foster saying that from Microsoft support, he spoke with a strong accent .... I was a little wary, but after he started saying that my computer is infected with viruses and Microsoft wants help me remove them. To do this, he told me to go to a website and download a special antivirus. I was very scared and, in my naivety, I downloaded the program, but did not install it. Before installing, I decided to check this phone number, and to my regret, I found reviews that these are fraudsters - https://m.usa-numbers.com/17167957995. I immediately deleted the downloaded program from the computer. I worry if the scammers got access to my files. And if I did not install their program. Is there any chance that I did not infect a computer with a virus? I really hope for a quick answer!

:)

SandraCramer1, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft AI solution to detect mobile bank fraud in less than 2 secs

Source: Two seconds to take a bite out of mobile bank fraud with Artificial Intelligence | Blog | Microsoft Azure

Brink, Apr 16, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

Phone fraud posing as Microsoft

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Phone fraud posing as Microsoft

1. Phone fraud posing as Microsoft - Similar Threads - Phone fraud posing

2. Microsoft fraud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft fraud: Today I was bombarded with enough fraudulent Microsoft sites From their past. If you dial 88849093313. You will get a very disturbed Pakistani gentleman that tells you to dial 805-400-2288, which is another fraudulent Microsoft site that wants to charge you $350 to answer a...
  3. Microsoft fraud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft fraud: Today I was bombarded with enough fraudulent Microsoft sites From their past. If you dial 88849093313. You will get a very disturbed Pakistani gentleman that tells you to dial 805-400-2288, which is another fraudulent Microsoft site that wants to charge you $350 to answer a...
  4. Fraud with Microsoft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fraud with Microsoft: I have purchase Windows 10 Home but not received confirmation. Payment done successfully. I have transection details but no any customer care attend call and no support from Microsoft Office Mumbai. Any one can help to resolve this matter....
  5. Fraud with Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fraud with Microsoft: I have purchase Windows 10 Home but not received confirmation. Payment done successfully. I have transection details but no any customer care attend call and no support from Microsoft Office Mumbai. Any one can help to resolve this matter....
  6. Fraud with Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Your phone companion and spam and fraud texts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your phone companion and spam and fraud texts: My phone, a Google Pixel 3A blocks spam and fraudulent texts which is a nice feature. When I link my phone companion up to my Pixel the spam and fraudulent texts show up again. Could there please be a way to block the same spam and fraudulent texts on my phone companion that...
  8. Email Fraud claiming to be Microsoft.

Email Fraud claiming to be Microsoft.: I received an email that said I purchased Microsoft Defender for $399.00. I have NOT ordered this and will Dispute the charge should it appear on my statement. They show a number to call of 808-800-9262, did not call as this is a fraudulent transaction. Could not find where I...
  9. Microsoft Defender - fraud attempt

Microsoft Defender - fraud attempt: I received an e-mail looking like it was from Microsoft, indication that I had been billed for a Microsoft service. No money had been taken from my account. I called the numbers on the e-mail with a ring, no answer on 2 of the three numbers. The third number got me a...
  10. FRAUD PHONE CALL!!!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    FRAUD PHONE CALL!!!!!: I just thought I would let the community know that I got a phone call this morning telling me that my computer is in security breach and to contact Microsoft before using my laptop. I've been had before by a message like this right on my laptop, I called and inadvertently let...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my microft windows was hacked by frauds posing as IT