Windows 10: Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005

Discus and support Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I get out of this error ...I have tried sfc /scannow command but it shows no problem with my files and I have tried resetting the app and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by priyansh_u, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005

How can I get out of this error ...I have tried sfc /scannow command but it shows no problem with my files and I have tried resetting the app and repairing the phone link app but still not opening ...I also tried to create a new user and then signing into it and then opening app but still not opening....I tried clearing temp files, clearing prefetch but still not opening tell me a solution except resetting my PC or doing a clean installation because ...I have made passkeys and improtant permissions on this PC and I have so many reasons for not resetting it...Please helpThan You

:)

priyansh_u, Jun 23, 2024

2. Phone link shows connected, can't open apps

When I open Phone Link on PC, it shows all my phone's recent messages and also shows texts as they come in. But, when I try to load any app, it says that I need to connect to the same WIFI, which of course, I am seeing that I am getting all my notifications from my android phone to my PC.. I am using WINDOWS 10

brooke18az, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Phone Link not showing Contact Names....again

I was able to fix this on my computer by following these steps:

1. In the Phone Link app on PC, go to Settings, click the My Devices tab, and use the ellipsis (...) menu on your device to remove it, then close the app.
    2. On your phone (mine is an Android), go to Settings, Apps, Link to Windows, Open, then remove your PC from the Linked Computers section.
    3. Restart your phone.
    4. Re-link the phone and PC by restarting the Phone Link app on your PC and following the step to add your device.
    5. Perhaps this is the critical thing, but I noticed in the Link to Windows app on Android, there is a toggle to "Sync contacts" under the list of Linked Computers, which was disabled for me. Turn this on.
    Contacts are showing up again for me now - yay!

FredFredrickson, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Mr Cheese Win User

Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005

Phone Link App does not open/start

Thanks Sabya.

I have already tried these steps, and just tried again now.

I additionally tried to run Repair as well as Reset, but the App still does not run.

I had seen the post from the link you sent here, but found this not very useful, as some of the instructions suggested do not seem to exist on my Windows edition, and also require the App to open to get to the suggestions listed, which I am unable to do.

Just to clarify, I am running Windows 11 Pro Version 23H2.

Mr Cheese, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005

1. Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005 - Similar Threads - Phone link app

2. Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link app not opening, showing error - 0xc0000005: How can I get out of this error ...I have tried sfc /scannow command but it shows no problem with my files and I have tried resetting the app and repairing the phone link app but still not opening ...I also tried to create a new user and then signing into it and then opening...
  3. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  4. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  5. Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone: Microsoft states that OnePlus is now supported for showing my android apps in Phone link, yet they do not. In the Features section, Apps doesn't even show. My device is the OnePlus Open with up-to-date OS and apps.Everything works fine for syncing notifications, photos,...
  6. Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone

Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone: Microsoft states that OnePlus is now supported for showing my android apps in Phone link, yet they do not. In the Features section, Apps doesn't even show. My device is the OnePlus Open with up-to-date OS and apps.Everything works fine for syncing notifications, photos,...
  7. Phone link is not showing android apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link is not showing android apps: I am running Android 13 and Windows 11. I have the latest update for the phone link app on both my phone and windows. For some reason, I don't have the ability to run Android apps or use my phone from my PC.What am I doing wrong?...
  8. Phone link is not showing android apps

Phone link is not showing android apps: I am running Android 13 and Windows 11. I have the latest update for the phone link app on both my phone and windows. For some reason, I don't have the ability to run Android apps or use my phone from my PC.What am I doing wrong?...
  9. Phone Link app won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link app won't open: I purchased a new Dell desktop with Windows 11 Home. I pinned the Phone Link icon to the taskbar during setup. It opened a few times but it stopped opening and didn't open a window saying a problem exists and how to fix it. It just stopped opening. In response, I uninstalled...
  10. Phone Link app won't open

Phone Link app won't open: I purchased a new Dell desktop with Windows 11 Home. I pinned the Phone Link icon to the taskbar during setup. It opened a few times but it stopped opening and didn't open a window saying a problem exists and how to fix it. It just stopped opening. In response, I uninstalled...