Windows 10: Phone Link app

Discus and support Phone Link app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In the Phone Link app, why does the little number of unread messages only appear when the app is closed? If I open it up, and leave it open while I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Harvey Schouls, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Phone Link app

In the Phone Link app, why does the little number of unread messages only appear when the app is closed? If I open it up, and leave it open while I'm working in other apps, and something new comes in, the little number doesn't increase or even show to tell me something has come in. It only does that while the app is closed.

:)

Harvey Schouls, Mar 4, 2023
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Microsoft Apps

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Mar 4, 2023
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Mar 4, 2023
  4. Phone Link app

Your Phone App - Link to Windows not working

Has anyone found the secret to getting the Your Phone - Link to Windows App working correctly?
    Looking at the number of posts in other forums saying they have problems there is clearly a major issue with this App. It's a pity because it used to work quite well before recent Windows updates.
    Basically my phone (Samsung A515) will connect to Your Phone on my PC and I can see the headers of Notifications on my PC. If I try to read Messages or access Photos or open Desktop Apps it says I need permissions and asks me to click on a link to send a permission request to my phone. It never arrives. I don't see any permission request. Also it doesn't say what permissions are missing nor how to enable them.
    The response from MS is always to ensure that your phone and PC Apps are at the latest version (they are). I suspect there is a major bug in this App, yet others seem to suggest that it does work. Hopelessly confused.
    Winver: 21H1 19043 1237.

Colonel Stack, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

Phone Link app

1. Phone Link app - Similar Threads - Phone Link app

2. Phone Link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link app: did anyone find a different app which can replace Phone Link? One which works in both audio directions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-app/a6fd7583-cd61-4bad-8fd9-c280c070fd1f
  3. phone link APP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link APP: Can the Phone Link app transfer between an android phone and a destop pc if the desktop pc is hard wired to the router and the phone is connected by the usb cable to the desktop? The phone has wi fi and is on the same router for wifi....
  4. phone link APP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    phone link APP: Can the Phone Link app transfer between an android phone and a destop pc if the desktop pc is hard wired to the router and the phone is connected by the usb cable to the desktop? The phone has wi fi and is on the same router for wifi....
  5. Phone Link App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App: I have been using this app since it was developed - it USED to work very well. It appears that in the past few weeks - it keep disconnecting itself very frequently and its frustrating to say the least.I have been using the same phone for a year - Samsung S20FE. Perhaps there...
  6. Phone Link App

Phone Link App: How do you delete text message in the "Phone Link" App?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-app/8bde85ad-7e3b-4a46-8f82-e56fecdf0180
  7. Phone Link App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App: Is there any way to allow access to my phone permanently?I'm tired of constantly having to go to my cell phone to give permission to access it from my laptop.I don't see why I should have to give it permission every time!Any help appreciated....
  8. Phone Link App

Phone Link App: Is there any way to allow access to my phone permanently?I'm tired of constantly having to go to my cell phone to give permission to access it from my laptop.I don't see why I should have to give it permission every time!Any help appreciated....
  9. Phone link App

Phone link App: Hi!I have a question.I can make call and hear the other line from my laptop with built-in bluetooth. However, on my PC which uses bluetooth dongle, I can't hear the call. What would be the problem?The laptop I'm using is just my back-up and the PC is the one I use for...
  10. Phone Link app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link app: I want to uninstall "phone link" from my computer but the button is grayed out. I have windows 11 but I do not have Powershell admin which was previously mentioned to do an uninstall....