Windows 10: Phone Link - Broke

Discus and support Phone Link - Broke in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Phone Link or Companion was working great until 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have it updated to the latest version via MS Stores. When I open it, well it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lee McDougall, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Phone Link - Broke

Phone Link or Companion was working great until 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have it updated to the latest version via MS Stores. When I open it, well it just states "We couldn't link your devices" it asks me to go to www.aka.ms/yourpc. I go there on Edge and I get "Get Ready to access your phone from your pc" and I select "Continue" "Click the button to continue. Next, you'll will be prompted to install or open the Link to Windows app."And nothing.. I have the "link to Windows" open on my phone and the app is up to date If I click ok on the phone then it goes to camera to look for a QR code

:)

Lee McDougall, Jun 9, 2023
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Can't "Link to Wndows"

Thanks so much. I will certainly follow your tutorial in the future. I think resetting did the trick, and I was also able to set a pin code.

Question. I am confused about one ongoing step: "Go to www.aka.ms/addComputer" in your browser." A search for this, and other similar url's suggested in the Phone LInk setup always ends up the same way, with a trip to nowhere.

Phone Link - Broke 386566d1677443402t-cant-link-wndows-aka.png

Clicking in those types of links end up in a blank tab

kitpzyxmsir, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Dos101 Win User

Phone Link - Broke

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Microsoft Apps

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Phone Link - Broke

1. Phone Link - Broke - Similar Threads - Phone Link Broke

2. Phone Link with iPhone broke and won't pair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link with iPhone broke and won't pair: An update a few days ago to Phone Link broke. After deleting the pairings on both sides, rebooting, repairing, resetting I still cannot get my phone to pair. It starts the pairing process, i am able to hit 'Pair' on both devices, but then I get the circle of death spinning...
  3. Phone Link with iPhone broke and won't pair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link with iPhone broke and won't pair: An update a few days ago to Phone Link broke. After deleting the pairings on both sides, rebooting, repairing, resetting I still cannot get my phone to pair. It starts the pairing process, i am able to hit 'Pair' on both devices, but then I get the circle of death spinning...
  4. Phone Link - Broke

Phone Link - Broke: Phone Link or Companion was working great until 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have it updated to the latest version via MS Stores. When I open it, well it just states "We couldn't link your devices" it asks me to go to www.aka.ms/yourpc. I go there on Edge and I get "Get Ready to...
  5. phone link

phone link: phome link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link/d1e2e4c4-c4c8-4584-8521-f9052f0b4298
  6. Phone Link

Phone Link: Where can I find the Phone Link download? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link/88e33577-0ca3-43bb-bbd5-87d7ece99f4f
  7. Phone Link?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link?: Is there a phone link app other than for Samsung Galaxy phones but one for the Motorola Edge 2022?*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link/138af897-479f-4e70-91b5-57fe5250b84c
  8. Phone Link?

Phone Link?: Is there a phone link app other than for Samsung Galaxy phones but one for the Motorola Edge 2022?*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link/138af897-479f-4e70-91b5-57fe5250b84c
  9. Phone Link

Phone Link: Split from this thread. I can’t get it to connect with my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link/9784a1d4-cd2a-4b23-ab05-67d5564a937d
  10. Phone Link

Phone Link: Hi,last Saturday, I used my phone regularly, put it in the back pocket and 1 hour later it started with a factory reset. I had no option but to do it. I had a lot of important pictures on there, I had it on the phone link app prior, so I can see the pictures on the computer,...