Windows 10: Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

Discus and support Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GeryMagalong, Mar 30, 2023.

1. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button? Are you working on this?

:)

GeryMagalong, Mar 30, 2023
  2. Paulo GM Win User

Deleting messages from PC Phone Link App

Hi Sdrum, I am Paulo and I'd like to help.

Unfortunately, there's no way to delete a message from the Phone Link app yet. I believe the intention of having the messages in Phone Link is to view and reply quickly using the PC but they haven't included yet the deletion of SMS.

I suggest you submit this feedback in Phone Link's settings > Feedback & Community.

If you have a Samsung device, you can open the messaging app thru Apps in Phone Link to fully access your device.

For List of Supported devices

https://support.microsoft.com/topic/cb044172-87...

Paulo GM, Mar 30, 2023
  3. Jake Kahn Win User
    Privacy issues with People, Contacts, Timeline

Greetings,

I run Windows Anniversary Issue with current cumulative updates on my Asus touch laptop and Lumia 640 phone.

When I run the 'People' app both devices list my contacts. When I choose a contact, the contact's profile is displayed. If I have had any communications with this contact, a 'Timeline' appears listing the emails, messages, but not calendar appointments.

I have been unable to find any way to edit or delete the Timeline entries.

I have searched the forums only to discover years old dialogues stating that 'Timeline' is a feature that cannot be changed.

This is UNACCEPTABLE .

The user should be able to choose whether to use this feature or not.

The user should be able to edit the entries if the features are chosen to be implemented.

The user should be able to delete any and all Timeline entries, without having to delete the contact and profile.

Not being able to delete, edit, or disable the Timeline would be deeply disturbing and and disrespectful of the privacy of the user.

Please tell me how to disable, edit and delete the Timeline entries.

Jake

Jake Kahn, Mar 30, 2023
  4. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

Timeline Activity not showing up

The timeline activity just won't show up on the timeline window. I always get "Use your PC more for activities."

I have enabled the settings required for timeline in Privacy > Activity History:

Let Windows collect my activities

Let Windows Sync my activities

Show activities from accounts

I also tried using regedit to add these variables in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

• EnableActivityFeed
    • PublishUserActivities
    • UploadUserActivities
    All the variables are set to 1, and are DWORD values. (as stated in this article http://www.thewindowsclub.com/timeline-feature-not-working-windows), to no effect.

Any more troubleshooting steps I can go through?

HiranmayaGundu, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

1. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline? - Similar Threads - Phone Link Deleting

2. Phone link messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link messages: Phone link : Is there any way to delete messages off the phone link app within Phone link? My phone was destroyed and I had to get a new one and so now I can't go back and delete the old messages off the destroyed phone and they are still on phone link....
  3. Phone link messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone link messages: Phone link : Is there any way to delete messages off the phone link app within Phone link? My phone was destroyed and I had to get a new one and so now I can't go back and delete the old messages off the destroyed phone and they are still on phone link....
  4. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  5. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  6. phone link no messages

phone link no messages: iphone 14 and phone link. I am not receiving text messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-no-messages/7cbb8534-ae73-442f-9c58-71e3256c959f
  7. phone link no messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    phone link no messages: iphone 14 and phone link. I am not receiving text messages https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-link-no-messages/7cbb8534-ae73-442f-9c58-71e3256c959f
  8. Phone Link and messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link and messages: I installed Phone Link on my new Windows 11 computer yesterday. Phone Link and my iPhone are connected but I don't receive messages in Phone Link, although I can send them. I've had messages sent to me from both android and iPhones but that doesn't make any difference. Any...
  9. Phone Link and messages

Phone Link and messages: I installed Phone Link on my new Windows 11 computer yesterday. Phone Link and my iPhone are connected but I don't receive messages in Phone Link, although I can send them. I've had messages sent to me from both android and iPhones but that doesn't make any difference. Any...
  10. Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?

Phone Link: Deleting Messages - Timeline?: I can display the messages from my phone on my PC phone link app. I can't see any way to delete a message from that app. Where is the delete button? Are you working on this?...