Windows 10: phone link icon appeared on my pixel screen

Discus and support phone link icon appeared on my pixel screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i got a new pixel 6a, and after installing phone link, this icon appeared on my screen. it's movable, but in the way no matter where i put it. i don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bgork, Aug 14, 2022.

1. bgork Win User

phone link icon appeared on my pixel screen

i got a new pixel 6a, and after installing phone link, this icon appeared on my screen. it's movable, but in the way no matter where i put it. i don't even know what it's for, clicking on it does nothing. is there a way to get rid of it?

:)

bgork, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Lookeaw Win User

Non-Existed Windows Phone Icon appeared in the This PC.

Hi again, thanks for all the suggestion, But I haven't been able to remove the Windows Phone Icon with your suggestion.

However, I browse a bit and discovered a very old forum on how to remove their Nokia Phone icon for Windows XP. Involving deleting a registry key.

I tried it, and yes! this 5+ years old forum did provide the fix! It removes the Windows Phone icon completely!

I also create a backup copies of registry key I deleted in case something went wrong.

Here's the link to that forum in case anyone encountered the same problem as me. Give it a try!

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ho...m-my-computer/

Thanks for all the help!

phone link icon appeared on my pixel screen [​IMG]

Lookeaw, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Second monitor appears pixelated sometimes

Before we get started, here might be some setup information that may be worth noting. My primary monitor is a 1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native) using an HDMI to DVI. My secondary monitor is a SONY TV 1360 x 768 (native) using an HDMI. Both are connected to my graphics card and not the motherboard. I have always had this setup but I have not always had this issue.

Preforming the following actions may cause my second monitor to appear pixelated.
    • Getting a web browser out of maximized mode by click dragging the window or using the restore button
    • Using full screen on the secondary monitor
    • Dragging a window into the second monitor, sometimes

In order to temporarily solve this issue I must apply a change to any display using the Nvidia Control Panel. Using the Windows display settings to apply a change does not always fix the issue. Also note that after the second monitor goes pixelated, my computer does not detect a change in any display's resolution settings.

So far I have tried the following fixes to no avail
    • Keeping display drivers up to date
    • Using a DDU to wipe display drivers clean and start anew
    • Using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I have tried to use capture software to screenshot the pixelation but it can not see it. I have to use a camera to show what it looks like instead.
    Before:

After:

Capture software is not capable of detecting the pixelation so I have recreated what it looks like on screen. Use this as reverence if the pictures look bad.
    Before:

After:

Tjaekazuta, Aug 14, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

Pixel 4 phone is not being fully recognized by Win10

Try manually telling the phone you have decided on file transfer - it might be prompting you on its screen when it connects [mine does]. It should then appear in File explorer.
    [My Android 12 does not automatically set itself up for file transfer. I have to set it to File transfer/Android Auto every time I connect it by USB because it defaults to No file transfer.]

That's a good thing.
    Device Manager, Other devices is a euphemism for 'no drivers installed'.

Denis

Thema:

1. phone link icon appeared on my pixel screen - Similar Threads - phone link icon

2. Samsung phone messages don't appear in Phone LInk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung phone messages don't appear in Phone LInk: I have a Samsung phone, when someone from another Samsung phone texts me I see the text in the Notifications pane but they do not appear in the Messages pane. Is there a configuration that I'm missing. All other phones appear, just not Samsung phones. The messages appear on...
  3. Samsung phone messages don't appear in Phone LInk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung phone messages don't appear in Phone LInk: I have a Samsung phone, when someone from another Samsung phone texts me I see the text in the Notifications pane but they do not appear in the Messages pane. Is there a configuration that I'm missing. All other phones appear, just not Samsung phones. The messages appear on...
  4. Phone link to link PC to Pixel is "unworkable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone link to link PC to Pixel is "unworkable": This is fun, and has been going on for some time. The QR code to login doesn't work "an error occurred". I tried the manual route, got a pin code, but it's alphanumeric. The Phone Link app on my Pixel only accepts numeric input. Why?...
  5. Phone link to link PC to Pixel is "unworkable"

Phone link to link PC to Pixel is "unworkable": This is fun, and has been going on for some time. The QR code to login doesn't work "an error occurred". I tried the manual route, got a pin code, but it's alphanumeric. The Phone Link app on my Pixel only accepts numeric input. Why?...
  6. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  7. How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?

How delete messages that appear in Phone Link but are not on my phone?: I have reenabled phone link after not using it for many months. I now have two text messages in phone link that do not exist on my phone. How do I delete them? Thanks....
  8. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated: For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show correctly, and then it will get messed up again. It seems to happen most commonly with my Notes icon and my OneNote icon. In the...
  9. Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain app icons in the taskbar are appearing improperly pixelated: For some reason, specific app icons aren't displaying properly on my taskbar. The problem happens inconsistently -- sometimes an icon will show correctly, and then it will get messed up again. It seems to happen most commonly with my Notes icon and my OneNote icon. In the...
  10. phone link icon appeared on my pixel screen

phone link icon appeared on my pixel screen: i got a new pixel 6a, and after installing phone link, this icon appeared on my screen. it's movable, but in the way no matter where i put it. i don't even know what it's for, clicking on it does nothing. is there a way to get rid of it?...