Windows 10: Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting

Discus and support Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Phone Link app keeps disconnecting from my phone. It's easy enough to reconnect but why does it do this constantly? Sometimes my phone also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Alex Kramer1985, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting

The Phone Link app keeps disconnecting from my phone. It's easy enough to reconnect but why does it do this constantly? Sometimes my phone also disconnects but other times the phone appears to be connected yet on the PC it says it's offline. Why?

:)

Alex Kramer1985, Jan 15, 2023
  2. Winuser Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jan 15, 2023
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

Redirecting

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 15, 2023
  4. Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting

Notification about disconnected device (my phone) keeps popping up

Last night, I connected my phone to my PC to grab some photos from its storage. Now, usually when I'm done and I turn off file transfer mode on the phone itself, back to "no transfer/charge via USB," the device/storage usually just disappears from Explorer and nothing else happens. And I don't even need to "disconnect" it via the task tray because there's no icon for it, and no need to, to begin with. Now, I get this error about the device no longer responding or being disconnected, which, oddly enough, only started happening recently, and always pops up twice, no matter what steps I take before unplugging it. This morning, though, after waking the PC and being on it for nearly two and half hours, the error pops up yet again. And I didn't even connect the phone, in that time frame.

This is the error in question.

Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting 9t-notification-about-disconnected-device-my-phone-keeps-popping-up-screenshot-2021-09-10-001350.png

The question is, why did it start doing this out of the blue one day, and how do I stop/prevent it in future?

I've tried uninstalling and deleting the driver, but the problem persists.

Currrently running Windows 10 Pro x64, 21H1 (build 19043.1202)

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 15, 2023
Thema:

Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting

1. Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting - Similar Threads - Phone Link Keeps

2. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Why is this problem still happening. It's 2024 now and I see it has been going on since 2022. I need to use phone link for my work and it keeps on getting disconnected. What is the problem? Getting very old....
  3. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Why is this problem still happening. It's 2024 now and I see it has been going on since 2022. I need to use phone link for my work and it keeps on getting disconnected. What is the problem? Getting very old....
  4. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved: I have found a solution which solved the problem of Phone Link app continually disconnecting. I will present my solution with a series of images showing the steps:First make sure Phone Link is running. Then on the keyboard, press the Win + x keys and select 'Installed apps' :...
  5. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved

Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Solved: I have found a solution which solved the problem of Phone Link app continually disconnecting. I will present my solution with a series of images showing the steps:First make sure Phone Link is running. Then on the keyboard, press the Win + x keys and select 'Installed apps' :...
  6. Phone Link keeps disconnecting my Samsung S23 Plus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting my Samsung S23 Plus: On every Windows 11 start, the Phone Link app has forgotten that it is paired with my Samsung S23 Plus. In the phone's settings my Surface Pro 9 is showing as “disconnected”, and there seems to be no way to reactivate the connnection other than setting up a new connection by...
  7. Phone Link keeps disconnecting my Samsung S23 Plus

Phone Link keeps disconnecting my Samsung S23 Plus: On every Windows 11 start, the Phone Link app has forgotten that it is paired with my Samsung S23 Plus. In the phone's settings my Surface Pro 9 is showing as “disconnected”, and there seems to be no way to reactivate the connnection other than setting up a new connection by...
  8. Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link Keeps Disconnecting: The Phone Link app keeps disconnecting from my phone. It's easy enough to reconnect but why does it do this constantly? Sometimes my phone also disconnects but other times the phone appears to be connected yet on the PC it says it's offline. Why?...
  9. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Phone is connected to the same WiFi network as my computer and Bluetooth is paired and connected. Occasionally, when I reactivate a running Phone Link app from the taskbar, it reconnects or tries to my phone. What settings to I need to adjust to keep the phone attached when...
  10. Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa

Phone Link keeps disconnecting from my phone or vice versa: Phone is connected to the same WiFi network as my computer and Bluetooth is paired and connected. Occasionally, when I reactivate a running Phone Link app from the taskbar, it reconnects or tries to my phone. What settings to I need to adjust to keep the phone attached when...