Windows 10: Phone Link will not sync

Discus and support Phone Link will not sync in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I use W10 and have a Samsung device and after months of trying to be patient, enough is enough. My contact names and numbers are regularily missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalkerB, Jan 25, 2023.

1. WalkerB Win User

Phone Link will not sync

Hi,I use W10 and have a Samsung device and after months of trying to be patient, enough is enough. My contact names and numbers are regularily missing within the Phone Link on the PC.How do i fix this embarrassing defect pls??Barry

:)

WalkerB, Jan 25, 2023
  2. vivitree Win User

My iPhone can't sync the contacts to Mac

have you tried importing the contacts form the phone to google contacts then syncing then exporting them from there to a file on the computer then importing that into the address book
    or you can also go through the info page in itunes for your phone and sync contacts from the phone to the computer that way by checking the box that says sync contact to then select address book
    There is a step by step instruction on How to transfer iPhone contacts to my iMac. Hope it can do you a favor.

vivitree, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Phone Link not showing Contact Names....again

I was able to fix this on my computer by following these steps:

1. In the Phone Link app on PC, go to Settings, click the My Devices tab, and use the ellipsis (...) menu on your device to remove it, then close the app.
    2. On your phone (mine is an Android), go to Settings, Apps, Link to Windows, Open, then remove your PC from the Linked Computers section.
    3. Restart your phone.
    4. Re-link the phone and PC by restarting the Phone Link app on your PC and following the step to add your device.
    5. Perhaps this is the critical thing, but I noticed in the Link to Windows app on Android, there is a toggle to "Sync contacts" under the list of Linked Computers, which was disabled for me. Turn this on.
    Contacts are showing up again for me now - yay!

FredFredrickson, Jan 25, 2023
  4. meebers Win User

Phone Link will not sync

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Mobile

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Phone Link will not sync

1. Phone Link will not sync - Similar Threads - Phone Link sync

2. Phone Link app not fully syncing photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link app not fully syncing photos: Photos shot on my Galaxy S24 Ultra are showing up on Phone Link on my Windows 11 PC, but only in a soft-focus low-rez version. Message at the bottom says "Syncing from your device" but it doesn't finish the process. Portion of image inserted here. Photo size about 2.5 Mg...
  3. Phone Link app not fully syncing photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link app not fully syncing photos: Photos shot on my Galaxy S24 Ultra are showing up on Phone Link on my Windows 11 PC, but only in a soft-focus low-rez version. Message at the bottom says "Syncing from your device" but it doesn't finish the process. Portion of image inserted here. Photo size about 2.5 Mg...
  4. my phone link app won't maintain sync with my phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my phone link app won't maintain sync with my phone: I might be on the wrong track but I'm also getting a message that my sign-in my personal microsoft sign-in was successful but you don't have permission to access this resource. I am using my personal computer which I sometimes link to a business account and it looks a bit...
  5. my phone link app won't maintain sync with my phone

my phone link app won't maintain sync with my phone: I might be on the wrong track but I'm also getting a message that my sign-in my personal microsoft sign-in was successful but you don't have permission to access this resource. I am using my personal computer which I sometimes link to a business account and it looks a bit...
  6. Phone Link and contact syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link and contact syncing: Phone Link now includes a new feature to sync phone contacts with Microsoft Teams for Life as per What's new and announcements for the Phone Link app - Microsoft Support.If I am already syncing phone contacts with M365/outlook.com, why would I want to turn this new feature...
  7. Phone Link and contact syncing

Phone Link and contact syncing: Phone Link now includes a new feature to sync phone contacts with Microsoft Teams for Life as per What's new and announcements for the Phone Link app - Microsoft Support.If I am already syncing phone contacts with M365/outlook.com, why would I want to turn this new feature...
  8. Phone Link will not sync

Phone Link will not sync: Hi,I use W10 and have a Samsung device and after months of trying to be patient, enough is enough. My contact names and numbers are regularily missing within the Phone Link on the PC.How do i fix this embarrassing defect pls??Barry...
  9. Can't Sync Phone Link Over Mobile Data

Can't Sync Phone Link Over Mobile Data: Hi, I'm having trouble using the auto hotspot feature for Windows Insider Phone Link with my S20FE and Thinkpad X1 Yoga G4. I am not able to sync over mobile data, despite the sync over mobile data feature enabled on my phone. Can anyone point me in the right direction?Link...
  10. Your Phone (or Phone Link) wont sync all notifications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone (or Phone Link) wont sync all notifications.: The Your phone app wont sync the notifications from my phone. It does it for only select number of apps. I still get the notifications showing up in the Your Phone app itself if I open it, but it just wont show up as a notificcatio banner. Ive checked the notifications...