Windows 10: Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected.

Discus and support Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 and a Samsung S-22 phone. For the last several weeks the Link to Windows app will not retain a connection to my phone for more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChrisKuenster, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected.

I am using Windows 10 and a Samsung S-22 phone. For the last several weeks the Link to Windows app will not retain a connection to my phone for more than a minute or two, and then must re-connect forcing a new Permission from the phone be entered. The app shows it is connected but the phone actually isnt. All my apps on both devices are up to date.

:)

ChrisKuenster, Feb 26, 2024

2. Your Phone app connects but does not connect.

Ever since I changed my Microsoft password, have been unable to make your phone app work again. In fact the program says in the left hand side, connected, but the message says unable to connect. I uninstalled the app and deleted the phone after it refused to connect, finally figured out why it could not connect was related to the password. So I am really stuck, how do I make it work again?
    Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected. 360312d1645314653t-your-phone-app-connects-but-does-not-connect-image.png
    - - - Updated - - - Alright, it fixed itself after I restarted the phone and said 'try again' It is now connected ok, IS there anything I did wrong? After the password change and it could not connect?

sdowney717, Feb 26, 2024
  3. ITM
    itm Win User
    "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement

I've had the Your Phone app running for the last few months on my Windows 10 Pro PC, connecting to my LG V20 phone (Android v8). Last week my motherboard failed, so I replaced it and restored my Windows setup to a new SSD while I was at it.
    Now the Your Phone app won't connect to my phone - it says: "We can't connect to your phone. Make sure that your PC and phone are connected to the internet".
    The name of my phone (V20) is still displayed in the top left corner of the app Window. Both PC and phone are connected to the internet (via the same router). I have tried:
    - Uninstalling and re-installing the Android app (and re-adding the necessary app permissions)
    - Resetting the Your Phone PC app
    The Android app says "Check your PC", and tells me to select "Send notification", but that option isn't available anywhere in the PC app that I can see.
    Can anyone advise on how I can get re-connected to my phone?

- - - Updated - - -

...one step forward...one step back...after another re-installation of the Android app I was able to get as far as sending a notification from the PC app, and selected "Allow" when the notification came up on the phone. Now the phone says "Your phone and PC are linked", but the PC app still says "We can't connect to your phone"
    ????

4. Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected.

Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected.

1. Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected. - Similar Threads - Phone loses connection

2. I lose my wifi connection every 30 seconds for a second. It says no Internet, secured for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lose my wifi connection every 30 seconds for a second. It says no Internet, secured for...: My wifi connection keeps on losing connection every 30 seconds or so. When I use my hot-spot from my phone it works and the WiFi works on my other devices. It is important to note that it will sporadically connect back to the network but disconnect and say no internet...
  3. Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone loses connection within seconds. App says it is connected.: I am using Windows 10 and a Samsung S-22 phone. For the last several weeks the Link to Windows app will not retain a connection to my phone for more than a minute or two, and then must re-connect forcing a new Permission from the phone be entered. The app shows it is...
  4. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  5. losing internet connection for few seconds

losing internet connection for few seconds: Hi,I'm using win 10 22H2 19045.2965. the network keeps failing to connect to the internet. It appears around 20s to 1 min. Wi-Fi is still connected, but no internet available My other device working well. Here's what I've tried so far:* Rebooting multiple times* Running...
  6. losing internet connection for few seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  8. Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.

Phone Link not connecting with Android phone, but phone says it is connected.: Recently, Phone Link on my laptop is requesting me to connect to my Android phone using a QR code or manually. Scanning the QR code gives a link to be copied, but that link is not valid. I cannot get pass that screen. On my Android phone, I have Link to Windows installed and...
  9. Your Phone app says I'm not connected to the internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Phone app says I'm not connected to the internet.: I'm getting an error after having to login with a Microsoft account on the Your Phone app. My internet works just fine but the app keeps saying I need internet to continue with the following error: 0x800704cf submitted by /u/TomIndev [link] [comments]...
  10. Your Phone App - Says on phone it's connected, but on PC still says "Check Your Phone"

Your Phone App - Says on phone it's connected, but on PC still says "Check Your Phone": I can't get the Your Phone app to work on my PC. I'll go through the setup process on my PC and also my Android phone, and eventually hit the point where the PC says it's going to send a notification to my phone for permissions. The notification arrives after about a ten...