Windows 10: Phone not accessible on W10 USB

Discus and support Phone not accessible on W10 USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Samsung Galaxy S7 was fully accessible under W7. Upgraded to W10 ... when I plug phone in I get the task bar message "Device has been loaded -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sargan, Jul 1, 2016.

1. sargan Win User

Phone not accessible on W10 USB

My Samsung Galaxy S7 was fully accessible under W7.
    Upgraded to W10 ... when I plug phone in I get the task bar message "Device has been loaded - Samsung USB modem"

Phone appears in 'my computer' I double click and it opens empty folder - no content shown.
    I reinstalled Samsung S7 drivers - still the same ... icon for phone appears when I plug it in - but no content.

If I open properties for icon - It does show model number, battery status etc. for phone ... so must be communicating.

It is W10 Pro ver 1511
    build 10586.420
    64bit

:)

sargan, Jul 1, 2016

2. Broken windows 10 laptop

Ok, I have downloaded w10 on a usb flash using the media tool. BUT HOW do i install w10 if i can't access boot meniu. P. s i am not

Sure if i can access even the bios! Can you please tell me another way to access w10 from usb? Thanks.

GradinariuRares, Jul 1, 2016
  3. W10 - Access to Kingston pen

W10 - Can't access my Kingston pen connected to USB - It does not show on File Explorer - It was OK till yesterday - USB OK with printer - Soution?

HectorKili, Jul 1, 2016
  4. sargan Win User

Found a fix for this elsewhere.
    Posting here to help others.

Connect phone by USB .. once it shows charging click on battery icon, then you get option to enable MTP
    Once you do that all folders on phone become accessible.

All worked fine on W7 .......... never had to do that, W10 must have changed how things work

sargan, Jul 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Phone not accessible on W10 USB - Similar Threads - Phone accessible W10

2. Phone number not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone number not accessible: Hello. My husband and I recently moved countries, therefore we do not have access to our old phone numbers or back up email address; this was not an Outlook account.How can I update my security details if my husband cannot receive a text or email to verify the request,...
  3. Phone number not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone number not accessible: Hello. My husband and I recently moved countries, therefore we do not have access to our old phone numbers or back up email address; this was not an Outlook account.How can I update my security details if my husband cannot receive a text or email to verify the request,...
  4. Phone number not accessible

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. USB A to USB C phone charger works, USB C straight to phone works, but USB C to USB C phone...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB A to USB C phone charger works, USB C straight to phone works, but USB C to USB C phone...: So odd. If I run a USB A cable on one end out of my laptop to the USB C in on my phone stand/charger, then put the phone USB C onto the USB C male on the stand, I can charge and pass data. If I run a USB C data cable out of the laptop and straight into the phone, it...
  6. W10--Your Phone app--iPhone

in Cortana
    W10--Your Phone app--iPhone: OK, supposedly the Your Phone app can now deal with iPhones. I have an iPhone 6L. So, I ran the app and was able to link my Iphone with my PC. I d/l the Edge and Cortana apps to my iPhone. I can send an Edge page from my iPhone to my PC. But what I really want to do is view...
  7. w10 app--your phone for IOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 app--your phone for IOS: Winver 1903; build 18362.418 OK, supposedly the Your Phone app can now deal with iPhones. I have an iPhone 6L. So, I ran the app and was able to link my Iphone with my PC. I d/l the Edge and Cortana apps to my iPhone. I can send an Edge page from my iPhone to my PC. But...
  8. USB not working with phone

USB not working with phone: I recently reset my laptop and now the USB/Windows 10 will not recognize when my iPhone(s) are connected to the USB. I've switched the cables, restarted the computer, checked for updates, etc. I've checked the autoplay options as well. Please help as I need this to be...
  9. Your Phone app not working on W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Your Phone app not working on W10: Hello there, I installed the your phone app both on my android and my W10, but it doesn't work on W10 I've had W10 for years now but I made a fresh install this afternoon, format all drives and everything, cause I had some issues which are now fixed, I now have windows...
  10. Accessing pictures on phone

Accessing pictures on phone: Hi with W8.1, when I plugged my phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) into my PC via USB, a box came up with an option to find pictures and video on the phone. Now with W10 that option does not come up, nothing comes up but it the phone shows in explorer as a hard drive. How...