Windows 10: Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My device screen is not responsive so I can't unlock my phone. I checked the device manager and my phone only shows up under Universal Serial Bus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/peepooniba, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop

My device screen is not responsive so I can't unlock my phone. I checked the device manager and my phone only shows up under Universal Serial Bus devices and not Portable Devices. What should I do?

submitted by /u/peepooniba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/peepooniba, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 7, 2021
  4. meebers Win User

Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop

1. Phone not detected on Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Phone detected Laptop

2. iPhone 6s not detected by my Windows 10 but iTunes does detect the phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    iPhone 6s not detected by my Windows 10 but iTunes does detect the phone: Hello, since some time my Windows 10 PC won't detect my iPhone 6s. When I plug it in it sees a device, starts charging but I dont see my iPhone in file explorer.This is what I see in device manager. Funnily iTunes sees the phone but I need to transfer photos.Devices tab in...
  3. iPhone 6s not detected by my Windows 10 but iTunes does detect the phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iPhone 6s not detected by my Windows 10 but iTunes does detect the phone: Hello, since some time my Windows 10 PC won't detect my iPhone 6s. When I plug it in it sees a device, starts charging but I dont see my iPhone in file explorer.This is what I see in device manager. Funnily iTunes sees the phone but I need to transfer photos.Devices tab in...
  4. iPhone 6s not detected by my Windows 10 but iTunes does detect the phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Phone is not detecting Windows 10 hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Phone is not detecting Windows 10 hotspot: Until recently, I have been able to connect my phone to my Lenovo laptop's mobile hotpot without issue.Now, when I turn on my hotspot, the hotspot name will not display on my phone. I can locate the hotspot in my phone's list of saved networks, but when I try to connect that...
  6. Windows detects Headphones as a Phone BLUETOOTH.

Windows detects Headphones as a Phone BLUETOOTH.: My PC has Windows 10 and im triying to pair a"Wortex Airbeat BT7" headphones, but they get detected as a phone by windows new configurationcontrol panel detects them as a headset but i cannot conect to it by control panel [ATTACH]...
  7. Laptop detecting wrong phone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detecting wrong phone.: When plugged via USB, my laptop detects an S8 instead of my S10. I had previously used an S8 to connect to this laptop a long time ago. I also cannot access my media due to not detecting my S10. What should I do to fix this? Thanks. submitted by /u/Petrikke [link]...
  8. Windows 10 unable to detect my Android phone

Windows 10 unable to detect my Android phone: I don't see my Samsung android phone detected in file explorer. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unable-to-detect-my-android-phone/ad6a0e9f-9091-4bbd-8777-1fa2db04b255"
  9. windows 10 cannot detect mobile phone sd card

windows 10 cannot detect mobile phone sd card: windows 10 cannot detect mobile phone sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cannot-detect-mobile-phone-sd-card/fc14da52-1d22-4e1d-9fa0-783403318fc8
  10. Laptop doesn’t detect my phone

Laptop doesn’t detect my phone: My laptop doesn’t detect other devices. I know that the ports work correctly, charging over the USB also works but I cannot drop the files from the phone to the laptop. Previously I had USB port detection issue. Is it the case?...