Windows 10: Phone not showing in Network

Discus and support Phone not showing in Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, This scenario has had me perplexed for the past few days, it's not so much an issue; rather the fact I do not understand. As it is now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wh0pper28, Jul 17, 2016.

1. wh0pper28 Win User

Phone not showing in Network

Hello all,

This scenario has had me perplexed for the past few days, it's not so much an issue; rather the fact I do not understand.
    As it is now, both my smartphone and PC are connected to the same private WiFi network, now what I have discovered is any other computers, including game consoles appear in my network once connected to the WiFi, however despite this my smartphone does not appear. I'm not entirely sure why this is the case but any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

:)

wh0pper28, Jul 17, 2016

2. Network adapter not showing in network connections

Hi Randall,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with Network connection. I will certainly help you.

I would suggest you to perform the methods present in below link
    on how to: Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Keep us posted to assist you further.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Network Adapters not showing in Network & Sharing Center (and adapter not supporting GB)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This could be due to incompatibility of the driver in Windows 10.

Step 1: I would recommend installing the same driver in compatibility mode and check.

a. Right click the driver installation file and select
    Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.

b. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for:
    box.

c. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
    OK.

d. Try installing the driver and check.

You may refer to: Make older programs compatible with this version of
    Windows
    (information holds good for Windows 10 as well)

Step 2: Place the computer in clean boot state and check.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts.

Placing your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

Phone not showing in Network

1. Phone not showing in Network - Similar Threads - Phone showing Network

2. No connection to phone network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No connection to phone network: Hello! My computer runs on Windows 7. It stopped connecting to the Internet from the iPhone X. Previously, I used the modem mode on my phone and connected a computer to it, but from some point Windows writes that it could not connect to the network. No errors found. It...
  3. No connection to phone network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No connection to phone network: Hello! My computer runs on Windows 7. It stopped connecting to the Internet from the iPhone X. Previously, I used the modem mode on my phone and connected a computer to it, but from some point Windows writes that it could not connect to the network. No errors found. It...
  4. Phone not showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phone not showing in Explorer: Hello there, this is one of those “but it worked yesterday” things. I usually connect my phone, a Meizu M6 Note, via USB. In Explorer, it used to show the phone’s brand name, but for the last six to nine months, it’s just been called ‘MTP USB Device’. Not a big deal, I...
  5. Loaded Windows 10 Pro and a "phone" shows on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loaded Windows 10 Pro and a "phone" shows on network: I have no WIFI card, I must only use direct connect. I will load what comes up. Car - 2264 Properties Network Device Car 2264 Device Details Manufacture DANSO Manufacture web site not available Model Honda Generation 1 mid Grade Model...
  6. Networks not showing

Networks not showing: Last night my computer was fine, i had internet and could play games/browse the web. However, this morning when I opened my computer, I had no internet suddenly. I checked if i was connected and there were no networks to even connect to. I usually have atleast 10 networks...
  7. Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer

Android phones not showing up under Network in File Explorer: We have multiple Android phones at home connecting to the same home WIFI network. I have the following queries - Q1. Why are they not showing up under Network in File Explorer ? Q2. Can we access the phones from our computers wirelessly when they are connecting to the...
  8. Rogue Phone showing up in Network places

Rogue Phone showing up in Network places: this is probably old and i have found some info on it but what can be done to fix it or confirm the network scope of such a device being picked up from my local network. the name of the phone is Car-ea60 and the properties of it says Honda I have an Asus router can...
  9. Strange phones in network

Strange phones in network: [img] I am getting strange phones showing up in my network. My wife's computer, now win10, is showing them also. The networks is on a router with all encryption on. My router does not show them, but they are on the network. When this happens, it's hard to see each others...
  10. Phone showing on my PC Network

Phone showing on my PC Network: I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed something ive not seen before on my Network, it shows a phone G510-0100. I don't recall every adding this phone and i cant see how to remove it. Any help will be most grateful 17609

Users found this page by searching for:

1. phone not showing on network