Windows 10: phone number

Discus and support phone number in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a notice to call 888-616-8566 to solve a security problem on my pc. Is this a good Microsoft number?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnFenoglio, Jun 19, 2019.

1. phone number

I received a notice to call 888-616-8566 to solve a security problem on my pc. Is this a good Microsoft number?

:)

JohnFenoglio, Jun 19, 2019
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Jun 19, 2019
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Winuser Win User

phone number

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

phone number

1. phone number - Similar Threads - phone number

2. My phone number is attached to someone else's email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My phone number is attached to someone else's email: I've always used my email address to log in and create accounts for student computers. Today I used my phone number and it came up with a whole other name. How do i disconnect my phone number from someone else's account?...
  3. My phone number is attached to someone else's email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My phone number is attached to someone else's email: I've always used my email address to log in and create accounts for student computers. Today I used my phone number and it came up with a whole other name. How do i disconnect my phone number from someone else's account?...
  4. How do I get my password from an old phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my password from an old phone number: I need help!!! I have changed my number and I do not know my password but I did know my PIN number and that was the only way I was able to log in but I can’t log into my account without that number and only that number...
  5. How do I get my password from an old phone number

How do I get my password from an old phone number: I need help!!! I have changed my number and I do not know my password but I did know my PIN number and that was the only way I was able to log in but I can’t log into my account without that number and only that number...
  6. In Phone Link, some of my Messages contain my contact's name and my cell number. What's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Phone Link, some of my Messages contain my contact's name and my cell number. What's...: Sometime over the past few days, some of my Messages contain the name of the contact with whom I'm having the exchange and also my cell number. For example: Arthur Fonzarelli, 646 123-4567. Not all of the contacts, but just some of them.I just got a new phone, the Samsung...
  7. In Phone Link, some of my Messages contain my contact's name and my cell number. What's...

In Phone Link, some of my Messages contain my contact's name and my cell number. What's...: Sometime over the past few days, some of my Messages contain the name of the contact with whom I'm having the exchange and also my cell number. For example: Arthur Fonzarelli, 646 123-4567. Not all of the contacts, but just some of them.I just got a new phone, the Samsung...
  8. How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?: I got a unusual sign in attempt about 5 days ago and since then have not been able to get access into my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-regain-access-to-my-microsoft-account/a412fdcd-1c60-4ca8-bdd1-a14cf998f043
  9. How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?

How can I regain access to my Microsoft account without access to the phone number?: I got a unusual sign in attempt about 5 days ago and since then have not been able to get access into my account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-regain-access-to-my-microsoft-account/a412fdcd-1c60-4ca8-bdd1-a14cf998f043
  10. Why does my account say Bradley Alexander with my old phone number?

Why does my account say Bradley Alexander with my old phone number?: I recently got a new phone and changed my phone number now when I open my laptop settings it has my old phone number but it says Bradley Alexander and that's not my name my name is Desiree Dixon how do I change the name back to my name with my new phone number? I already...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 888-616-8566

2. 8885017748

3. 8886168566

4. 1 888 616-8566,
  5. 1-888-616-8566