Windows 10: Phone number

Discus and support Phone number in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a customer support phone number, in the U.S.A, I can call?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ss2821, Feb 8, 2021.

1. ss2821 Win User

Phone number

Is there a customer support phone number, in the U.S.A, I can call?

:)

ss2821, Feb 8, 2021
  2. twilyth Win User

Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Feb 8, 2021
  3. meebers Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Feb 8, 2021
  4. BrianMBC Win User

Phone number

Trouble saving voicemail number

To access my voicemail it is my phone number, a pause and 4 digit pin.

I did the following steps:

• Turned off default voicemail number
    • Added a , (for pause) at end of my phone number
    • Added the 4 digit pin
    I get the following error message We're having trouble saving your voicemail number right now. Try again later.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

BrianMBC, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Phone number

1. Phone number - Similar Threads - Phone number

2. help line phone number, microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help line phone number, microsoft: icons show up, taskbar pops us but when you clic icons nothing will open. Microsoft icon, bottom left, will not open either,. We are unable to access tools, programs or websites....
  3. help line phone number, microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help line phone number, microsoft: icons show up, taskbar pops us but when you clic icons nothing will open. Microsoft icon, bottom left, will not open either,. We are unable to access tools, programs or websites....
  4. Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number: My account for my Laptop is my Microsoft Account and when trying to login into my computer, I get the following error: "Your Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."No other option is available to log...
  5. Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number

Unable to login as PIN not working and unable to get phone message due to change of number: My account for my Laptop is my Microsoft Account and when trying to login into my computer, I get the following error: "Your Pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again."No other option is available to log...
  6. I only want to change the no more available phone number in my account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I only want to change the no more available phone number in my account.: Is this possible? And if possible, please show the exact way to achive this, step by step.Up to now always the following screen appears, not allowing to change the phone number:Why is this such complicated?RegardsGJG_P315...
  7. I only want to change the no more available phone number in my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only want to change the no more available phone number in my account.: Is this possible? And if possible, please show the exact way to achive this, step by step.Up to now always the following screen appears, not allowing to change the phone number:Why is this such complicated?RegardsGJG_P315...
  8. I only want to change the no more available phone number in my account.

9. When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...: When I tried to redeem the points it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias but it said that verification method isn’t worth no right now. What do I do?...
  10. When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...

When I tried to redeem the points, it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias,...: When I tried to redeem the points it said that I need to have a phone number as an alias but it said that verification method isn’t worth no right now. What do I do?...