Windows 10: Phone ringing sound

Discus and support Phone ringing sound in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, this morning when I logged onto my laptop a loud phone ringing sounded. It was about 5 minutes after the initial log-in, and rang 2 full rings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Peanut6, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Peanut6 Win User

Phone ringing sound

Hello, this morning when I logged onto my laptop a loud phone ringing sounded. It was about 5 minutes after the initial log-in, and rang 2 full rings, then one ring that was cut off as if it had been answered. This has never happened before, and I am perplexed as to what caused it. I restarted, but it did not happen again.
    Event viewer showed nothing that looked out of the ordinary. The sound settings are on Windows default, and have not been changed, at least by me. Incoming call sound is set to Windows Ringin.wav but I do not have a phone connected to this laptop and as noted, this has never happened before.
    Malwarebytes updated last night, that is the only thing that is any different.
    Does anyone know that has caused this?
    Thank you

:)

Peanut6, Dec 1, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Phone ringing sound :p

cadaveca, Dec 1, 2019
  3. No sound when phone is ringing

I have problem with the setting regarding when the phone is ringing.

If I but it to ring, it will not sound when someone is calling me. I have a SonyEricsson X1 with a Blue tooth headset from SonyEriccson.

Is this a bug?

VictorWBerg, Dec 1, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Phone ringing sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Phone ringing sound

1. Phone ringing sound - Similar Threads - Phone ringing sound

2. Phone Link sound to Phone's headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link sound to Phone's headset: Hello.When I connected to Phone Link all sounds go to Computer speakers.I have a Bluetooth headset connected to my cell phone. My cell phone is connected to Phone Link. I want PhoneLink to use my Phone's headset instead of computer mic and speakers. How to do it. So I want to...
  3. Phone Link sound to Phone's headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link sound to Phone's headset: Hello.When I connected to Phone Link all sounds go to Computer speakers.I have a Bluetooth headset connected to my cell phone. My cell phone is connected to Phone Link. I want PhoneLink to use my Phone's headset instead of computer mic and speakers. How to do it. So I want to...
  4. ringing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ringing: my laptop is making a ringing sound and i dont know what to do, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ringing/3dbb55b7-0288-460d-b7b9-83d0d77101bf
  5. I Hear Phone Ringing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Hear Phone Ringing in Windows 10: I have seen this question asked many many times on many many different forums. But I have seen NO answers. My computer occasionally I say occasionally, but it is more like once or twice a day, which I consider far too often rings like a telephone. Nothing else is going on....
  6. Windows 10 Phone Ringing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Phone Ringing: I have seen this question asked many many times on many many different forums. But I have seen NO answers. My computer occasionally I say occasionally, but it is more like once or twice a day, which I consider far too often rings like a telephone. Nothing else is going on....
  7. Ring Sound in my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ring Sound in my microphone: i am having problems with my mic, there is a ring sound coming from it and no audio is being outputted. My built in mic had the same problem but after i reinstalled the driver it it works, but some applications are bugged out. After looking into the problem i was told that...
  8. Change ring sound

Change ring sound: Hi, I've recently set up the Your Phone companion app on Windows 10 PC and have it setup with Bluetooth to connect to my android phone. It makes and receives calls fine without any issue but I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to change the ringtone on it for when I...
  9. Windows Fax - No Rings Sound

Windows Fax - No Rings Sound: In case you don't expect it, plenty of businesses and organizations still use faxes, and for many tasks with no alternative ways to submit documents. I used Venta Fax software for years to send and receive faxes on a Windows PC, and never had the issue of no sound. Recently...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Ring Online

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Ring Online: How to: Windows 10 Mobile Phone - Ring Online How to Ring your Windows 10 Mobile Phone Online [img] Information It's nerve-wracking when you can't find your phone. Whether it's truly lost, or just stuck between the sofa cushions, Find My Phone can help lay your worry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is ringing sound on windows 10

2. phone ringing sound on my computer

3. what is the phone rining sound in my dell pc with windows 10

4. windows 10 phone ringing sound,
  5. HEARING A PHONE RINGING IN MY COMPUTER SPEAKER