Windows 10: Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address

Discus and support Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just received a call from 1 501-655-3432 and the automated voice advised me that several unknown persons had breached the IP address on several of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TerryJ1s, Jul 24, 2020.

1. TerryJ1s Win User

Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address

I just received a call from 1 501-655-3432 and the automated voice advised me that several unknown persons had breached the IP address on several of my devices. The caller went on to say to have the IP address changed, to stop this press one. The caller also stated that the Microsoft license I had would be cancelled if I did not have the IP address changed and I would not be able to use my computer.

This is a new one for me the cyber terrorist are trying real hard.

:)

TerryJ1s, Jul 24, 2020

2. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    ip address problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with IP Address, I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due incorrect TCP\IP Address settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to reset TCP\IP and check if it helps.

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/299357

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try these steps to Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server. Check if it helps.

• Click on
      Start and type cmd on start search.

• Right-click on command prompt Run
      and selectas administrator.

• At the command prompt, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

exit

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address

2 IP address conflict

Hi Jessirel,

IP address conflict usually occurs after defining a static IP address. To resolve, try following these steps:

Run the Network troubleshooter
    1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    2. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn’t fix your connection problem, try these things:

• Reset the TCP/IP stack
    • Release the IP address
    • Renew the IP address
    • Flush and reset the DNS client resolver cache

Run these networking commands in Command Prompt:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Command prompt, press and hold (or right-click)
      Command prompt, and then select Run as administrator >
      Yes.
    2. At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order, and then check to see if that fixes your connection problem:
      • Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
      • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

To learn more, please check this article: Fix duplicate IP address conflicts on a DHCP network

Let usknow if you need further assistance.

Adrianne Buc, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address

1. Phone scam for Microsoft to reset IP address - Similar Threads - Phone scam Microsoft

2. Phone ip address not be found for MyPhone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Phone ip address not be found for MyPhone: Most functions of MyPhone have stopped working, because the ip address of the phone cannot be found, in order to make contact. WiFi seems OK for everything else. I have tried one or two fixes without success. 179772
  3. Phone ip address not be found for MyPhone

in Windows 10 Support
    Phone ip address not be found for MyPhone: Most functions of MyPhone have stopped working, because the ip address of the phone cannot be found, in order to make contact. WiFi seems OK for everything else. I have tried one or two fixes without success. 179772
  4. Microsoft phone call - Scam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft phone call - Scam?: Split from this thread. buy my son and laptop and someone from Microsoft today phone tell someone got is account and I got pay £ 200 to change is i p address account is the right do i pay it. IT ON A NEW LAPTOP HE HAD FOR CHRISTMAS . Can someone help please...
  5. Scam Microsoft phone call.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Scam Microsoft phone call.: Hi, I received a phone call from a pretty obvious scammer who said he worked for Microsoft and that my computer had been hacked and taken over by foreign hackers. I was sure he was a scammer, but was curious to find out what he wanted to do, so played him along for about 30...
  6. Reset IP address (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset IP address (Windows 10)?: I recently changed my IP address because I have an IP ban. Since then I can't start some programs anymore (e.g. Discord or games) I would like to reset them but don't know how. I have already tweaked the router and the PC several times - unfortunately without success...
  7. IP Address Scam

IP Address Scam: I have received 4 telephone calls from a person named "Cathlene from Microsoft" stating she has an important message for me in that my Computer has been compromised and that my IP address needs to be changed. The last call was at 12:15 PM, today! I hung up!! I forgot to...
  8. Phone calls about IP address compromised.

Phone calls about IP address compromised.: Should I be concerned if I keep getting phone calls from Microsoft telling me my IP address has been compromised by foreigners and to press 1 for help? I hang up but the calls are coming from my landline to my cell....
  9. IP address scam

IP address scam: I received an error on my computer while trying to access the internet. It gave a phone number to call (sorry I don't have that still). When I called, the man named Max Gilbert told me our computer had been hacked. He asked for access and I agreed to let him do that. He...
  10. IP address scam

IP address scam: I received an error on my computer while trying to access the internet. It gave a phone number to call (sorry I don't have that still). When I called, the man named Max Gilbert told me our computer had been hacked. He asked for access and I agreed to let him do that. He...