Windows 10: phone scammers

Discus and support phone scammers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep receiving phone calls saying they are Microsoft refund department saying thry are charging my card 399.00 I have no antivirius through Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by moonshine1959, Nov 13, 2018.

1. phone scammers

I keep receiving phone calls saying they are Microsoft refund department saying thry are charging my card 399.00 I have no antivirius through Microsoft

:)

moonshine1959, Nov 13, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Dos101 Win User

phone scammers

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

phone scammers

1. phone scammers - Similar Threads - phone scammers

2. Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...: Today, I clicked on a link on Google News and got immediate frozen computer with security message purporting to be from Microsoft with a number to call. I suspected it was a scam,so didn't call the number. Instead, I logged into Microsoft on my phone and started a chat which...
  3. Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beware of fake phone numbers when scammers freeze computer...: Today, I clicked on a link on Google News and got immediate frozen computer with security message purporting to be from Microsoft with a number to call. I suspected it was a scam,so didn't call the number. Instead, I logged into Microsoft on my phone and started a chat which...
  4. Just want to make people aware- Tech support phone scammers are at it again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just want to make people aware- Tech support phone scammers are at it again.: Hey everyone,If you have not received any calls, Microsoft Scammers are at it again. A guy called my mom saying that their was an issue with her Microsoft account and that he wanted to know what it said on her computer. She told him that her "so called computer" was not on...
  5. Just want to make people aware- Tech support phone scammers are at it again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just want to make people aware- Tech support phone scammers are at it again.: Hey everyone,If you have not received any calls, Microsoft Scammers are at it again. A guy called my mom saying that their was an issue with her Microsoft account and that he wanted to know what it said on her computer. She told him that her "so called computer" was not on...
  6. phone call scammers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    phone call scammers: Hi Community Peoples , I was wandering ''actually needing to know'' will a microsoft , windows customer support person contact you @ your home # alerting you '' someone has been hacking and on your pc for days , and I need you to sign on your computer so I can help u delete...
  7. Is 1-800-593-7915 a legit Microsoft Support phone number or a scammer?

Is 1-800-593-7915 a legit Microsoft Support phone number or a scammer?: Is 1-800-593-7915 a legit Microsoft Support phone number or a scammer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-1-800-593-7915-a-legit-microsoft-support-phone/604c20cd-246a-4c3d-8be2-4523bfaaca3f
  8. I was fooled by scammer which created pop up warnings and posted phone number that implied...

I was fooled by scammer which created pop up warnings and posted phone number that implied...: Luckily, I utilized the MS programs which reverted my computer to a previous time period. What do I do to keep the entity from going back into my computer. I fell for the scam around 12 noon and called the company about refund later about 9:00 pm and contacted someone who...
  9. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...

INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give Microsoft tech agents your phone number. Microsoft outsources...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...
  10. INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...

INDIAN SCAMMER? Never give microsoft employees your phone number!!! They sell your...: If you call Microsoft make sure that you listen to the recorded message of the perky white lady telling you, “Any information collected on this call may be transfered to other countries” Want to know what that means? Regardless of whether you pay Microsoft $149 a year for...