Windows 10: Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED

Discus and support Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I am connecting my Redmi note 5 pro on my lenovo g50-30 laptop it shows a pop-up showing "The last USB device you connected was not recognized... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DebanjanRakshit, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED

Whenever I am connecting my Redmi note 5 pro on my lenovo g50-30 laptop it shows a pop-up showing "The last USB device you connected was not recognized ". When I open my device manager it shows Port Reset Failed. I have tried to uninstall the port and reboot my laptop. It didn't work. I tried to update the generic USB hub but it shows an error in the windows Update center.

In addition to this whenever I try to create a boot media in my USB it always results into an error. Don't know why. I have tried formatting it out using both NTFS AND FAT32 but it still shows an error. In Rufus when I try to create an bootabke USB it shows no USB is detected.

Please help me out

:)

DebanjanRakshit, Nov 23, 2020

2. usb port reset fail

Hi Laura,

We would like to know more information regarding the "usb port reset fail" error that you are getting. To verify whether this issue is being caused by the port or the external device, we would like to gather more information:

• What external device are you trying to connect to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the external device to another port or different computer?
    • Have you tried connecting a different external device to the port?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Nov 23, 2020
  3. jjtyler Win User
    USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Kantastic Win User

Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED

USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Doubt it, MalwareBytes came out clean.

I've tried resetting the BIOS so many times, I'll check to see if the drive shows up in the BIOS in one moment.

You know what, I connected the front header to the 1394 thing until I double checked last night and fixed it. That wasn't before I connected one thumb drive to the front USB port though... NLOGKJSHFVBSKF

The second one isn't working either and I'm 100% positive I didn't connect that one to any port until after I fixed the header.

Kantastic, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED

1. Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED - Similar Threads - Phone connected laptop

2. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hi, I'm having trouble while trying to use one of the USB ports on my Lenovo Legion 5 laptop. Two other USB ports work just fine but the third one gets the above error message and seems to malfunction in some ways. I tried all the methods I could think of remove/reinstall...
  3. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hi, I'm having trouble while trying to use one of the USB ports on my Lenovo Legion 5 laptop. Two other USB ports work just fine but the third one gets the above error message and seems to malfunction in some ways. I tried all the methods I could think of remove/reinstall...
  4. Unkwon USB Device Port Reset Failed

Unkwon USB Device Port Reset Failed: I have searched endlessly for the solution for this and my problem is that I don´t what is making this. All my devices work perfectly but I kepp listening to the diconecting and connecting USB sound.I have already tried plenty of methods sucha as:Updating drivers;Uninstalling...
  5. USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...

USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...: Two days ago, I spilled water on my laptop. I got it repaired yesterday and everything is working fine except for a constant reoccurring "USB device not recognized" notification even though nothing is plugged in both my USB ports.I didn't think much of it since both USB ports...
  6. USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized, unknown USB device port reset failed but everything is working...: Two days ago, I spilled water on my laptop. I got it repaired yesterday and everything is working fine except for a constant reoccurring "USB device not recognized" notification even though nothing is plugged in both my USB ports.I didn't think much of it since both USB ports...
  7. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hello, a few months ago a USB port on my lenovo laptop became unable to recognize any device that would be entered. I normally use my USB ports for peripherals such as mouse and keyboard. Checking my device manager shows Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. Following some...
  8. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed: Hello, a few months ago a USB port on my lenovo laptop became unable to recognize any device that would be entered. I normally use my USB ports for peripherals such as mouse and keyboard. Checking my device manager shows Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed. Following some...
  9. Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Phone when connected to laptop shows USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED PORT RESET FAILED: Whenever I am connecting my Redmi note 5 pro on my lenovo g50-30 laptop it shows a pop-up showing "The last USB device you connected was not recognized ". When I open my device manager it shows Port Reset Failed. I have tried to uninstall the port and reboot my laptop. It...