Windows 10: Phony rep from microsoft

Discus and support Phony rep from microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This person represented them self as MICROSOFT. Then stated that they had cleaned my computer and charged me $299.00. If any Question to call... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mikehoover1, May 21, 2019.

1. Phony rep from microsoft

This person represented them self as MICROSOFT. Then stated that they had cleaned my computer and charged me $299.00. If any Question to call

706-749-1348. I called to tell them I did not ask for a cleaning. The man said I would have to let him into my computer to activate a refund.

I told him I will report him to the F.C.C. and Microsoft and that there better not be any charges on any of my credit cards. at this point he hung up on me.

Michael E. Hoover @ *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

mikehoover1, May 21, 2019
  2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 21, 2019
  3. SC_49 Win User

Phony rep from microsoft

Microsoft rep didn't help, windows 10 internet worse than ever...

Months ago, I tried to update to windows 10. It did not work, so I left my computer as it was.

I thought that perhaps the glitches were fixed so I tried again. My computer successfully updated to

Windows 10. Only problem is that I can barely access any website(including Microsoft)...get the message..

"hmm can't reach that page". I contacted Microsoft Chat...the first rep said they would help, but I was dropped, so I tried again. The second rep on Chat tried to help, too, even remotely connecting, but the expertise simply wasn't there. I almost feel
    as if there is a book or manual they are using that tells them what steps to take, and just like if it were me, if the steps don't work, they don't know what to try next. When the rep ran into a wall, it was me who suggested perhaps the anti-virus programs
    loaded were a problem. I truly don't think the well meaning Microsoft Chat employee knew what to do.

Long story short, my computer's internet is virtually non-working. I have tried fixes listed on the Microsoft website. I have looked at countless YouTube offerings, trying to fix it. I updated the driver...then I thought I'd go to Intel and see if I needed
    a different driver, but of course, the internet connection was so bad I couldn't complete.

I'm at my wit's end. I think I have to go back to an earlier version of Windows, but I don't even know if that can be done. This is so frustrating, I can't even compute....literally! Any suggestions for a very basic computer user? Not all of us are computer
    geniuses. However, it doesn't take a genius to think I made a huge mistake in updating to Windows 10....I should have gone with the saying..."If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I just want to be able to use my internet again! Thanks!

SC_49, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Phony rep from microsoft

1. Phony rep from microsoft - Similar Threads - Phony rep microsoft

2. Call from legit Microsoft rep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Call from legit Microsoft rep: How do I stop scam from "Microsoft Security" my laptop became locked up, I call number for Microsoft Security. They call me back from 'secure line' telling me what they had access to -- which was all personal information, including bank account number etc. ?? I am pretty...
  3. Call from legit Microsoft rep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Call from legit Microsoft rep: How do I stop scam from "Microsoft Security" my laptop became locked up, I call number for Microsoft Security. They call me back from 'secure line' telling me what they had access to -- which was all personal information, including bank account number etc. ?? I am pretty...
  4. Phony or Real email from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Phony or Real email from Microsoft?: I received an email on my Junk file, purportedly from Microsoft, saying they noticed a login from Moscow, Russia... and if this was not me obviously not, to click on the provided box. I don't want to click on junk email, but I don't want to ignore this. What do I do next?...
  5. Phony or Real email from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phony or Real email from Microsoft?: I received an email on my Junk file, purportedly from Microsoft, saying they noticed a login from Moscow, Russia... and if this was not me obviously not, to click on the provided box. I don't want to click on junk email, but I don't want to ignore this. What do I do next?...
  6. Phony or Real email from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is this a phony notificaton?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a phony notificaton?: For the past 5-6 months I have been getting this notification telling me there is a Microsoft account problem.This is what it says--we need to fix your Microsoft account most likely your password changed. Select hereto fix it in sharing experiences settings. Has anyone else...
  8. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  9. Getting calls from a Microsoft rep

Getting calls from a Microsoft rep: I have been recieving calls from a man who claims to be from microsoft and my computer is reporting malicious threats and since it is free from Microsoft i am to do what he says to remove the threats He has my IP address when i asked where it is reporting from. Is this...
  10. How to Block Phony Microsoft Support

How to Block Phony Microsoft Support: So How do I Block these Scammers from continued Pop-Ups? They Act Like Microsoft, Their Page Looks like Microsoft, but their Not Microsoft. If People would Look at the Webpage Address, it sure doesn't Look like a Microsoft Webpage address. When I get their Pop-Up, It usually...